letter after u won't work

Reaction score
Has the " V " ever worked since you got the laptop ?
If it has, then back up all your data and do a factory reset.
And whether or not you are in the same country a manufacturers warrenty will still hold.
The company that coers the warranty is an American company. I would hae to get it shopped back to America and shipped back to Scotland.

The letter only stopped working a couple of weeks ago

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
The company that coers the warranty is an American company. I would hae to get it shopped back to America and shipped back to Scotland.

The letter only stopped working a couple of weeks ago

Well if there is no choice to ship it back for the warrenty, then I suggest backing up your data and reseting the laptop back to factory settings to see if it cures the problem.

Reaction score
Tried to system restore to June 6th and that didn't work. Will try system restore completely. Eerything is already backed up.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
You can restore to factory settings from the recovery partition. Restart laptop and hit F11 ( well that's what it is on my 2 laptops )

The fact that the V doesn't work with both the physical and onscreen keyboard makes me think it is a software issue.

Reaction score
So if the issue is software is there an easier solution than a complete system restore back to factory setting? This scares me.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Nope, afraid not. In my opinion its your best option. Its not really that hard, and doesn't take to long. The whole process of restoring back to the factory image should take around 20 minutes at the most. The pain in the backside it is reinstalling software and doing all the Windows updates.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So is sending it back out of the question? I understand you bought it outside of the UK, but as a buyer you still have some rights. ;)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
OK< will hae a look for all the software. Can I crash my computer doing this?

No you won't crash it by restoring to factory settings. By the way what make and model is it ? Does your laptop have a manufacturer in the UK ? If so if it is still under manufacturers warranty then you don't need to send it back to the US, it could just be sent to one of the repair centers here :D

Reaction score
I hae an Asus x54h. I got it at Christmas from An electrical shop in America. Would be nice if I could take it into a store here and get it fixed. Resetting it is scary.

Ask a Question