letter after u won't work

Reaction score
The letter in the alphabet after u won't work. I can press it foreer and it just won't work. The computer is new, but I bought it in America and lie in Scotland. Can't go back and complain too far away. Hae tried compressed air, but what else can I do?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
you can use a USB keyboard to check, I'm sure you have a USB port ... and if you then get a V, you know you are gonna type funny for a wee while. :)

:user:

Reaction score
Am using a downloaded irtual keyboard and that works. Rebooting didn't help. According to the control panel it is working fine.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
jpbN2.jpg

[/URL]
2006 film set in a dystopian future United Kingdom, where V, a mysterious radical anarchist wearing a Guy Fawkes costume, works to bring down an oppressive fascist government, profoundly affecting the people he encounters.

Most folk think V is fictional. In fact he is a underground anarchist based in the USA. The authorities are so worried by his popularity that they are trying to obliterate all traces of V. An that includes keys on pc's. You did say that your pc was bought in the USA. Strange as it may seem this is in fact a true fact.

:cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What do you get when you press shift and 3?

Also to use the pound sign on a Us KB press Alt Gr and 4. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed, i know that, was trying to ascertain what their layout settings were. :)

Also, I'm assuming that Jackobitelady is a she not a he. ;)

Reaction score
Would you look at that... I need to work on my reading a bit it seems :confused:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Here's my two pence worth. Have you tried going into Device Manager and updating Human Interface Devices Drivers( Keyboard ) ?
Or check what sticky keys are enabled. Maybe you enabled V as a sticky key by accident

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's my two pence worth. Have you tried going into Device Manager and updating Human Interface Devices Drivers( Keyboard ) ?
Or check what sticky keys are enabled. Maybe you enabled V as a sticky key by accident

OK< how do I do that? I am just a beginner at trying to fix this thing. :confused:

Reaction score
I am on Windows 7. This is a practically brand new computer. But can't get it back to the shop for the warranty

I started using a irtual keyboard the letter won't work on that either.

Reaction score
just checked the device manager (I used copy and paste for that) and the software is up to date and my hardware is fine. When I turn on the computer I get a picture of my keyboard. I don't know what that means, but I get it. Help!!!!!!!!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
. But can't get it back to the shop for the warranty

Has the " V " ever worked since you got the laptop ?
If it has, then back up all your data and do a factory reset.
And whether or not you are in the same country a manufacturers warrenty will still hold.

Ask a Question