Let This Be A Lesson To All Online Gamers

Reaction score
Yes i heard abt that

What i don’t get is all this business about virtual weapons!!

What a load of rubbish!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
This is probably my first post in the gaming section. Since I was attracted by your very catchy title. :D

I read the story and all I can say is that this is enough proof of what gaming can do to a young persons mind. I am not against gaming in any way but I think some of the games out there are not very healthy in any way. People tend to take it too seriously and get carried away.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This is probably my first post in the gaming section. Since I was attracted by your very catchy title. :D

Why thanks Quad....:blush:

Yes this guy obviously took his online gaming to a new level...Lets hope other Gamers don't reach this level (no pun intended)..:p

What i would like to know is did he use a real sword or a virtual one..(sic..:D )

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's scary to think that people can get so deeply engrossed in a game :eek:

I heard of some people dying because they were playing on Everquest for days at a time - they literally died at their computers!

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
It's scary to think that people can get so deeply engrossed in a game :eek:

I heard of some people dying because they were playing on Everquest for days at a time - they literally died at their computers!

Thats crazy too! whats the world coming too man

Anyone remember that film (cannot remember the name) based on a true story about the school kids who played vid games so much they decided to do the real thing with real guns in there very own school! Quite a moving film too man

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i think your talking about the Columbine incedent that happened here in the states a few years ago. Damn Foolsih kidds..

Reaction score
I think i`m thinking of a Japanese film? It wasnt bowling for Columbine, I think a load of kids took their school by siege or something and.....people died. Cant remember the name of it tho. Probably not pleasant watching

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Online games get me mad sometimes, dunno if I would go all stabby joe on someone though ;).

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i have no problems playing online games, unless i get completly schooled :D

Reaction score
Alf said:
i think your talking about the Columbine incedent that happened here in the states a few years ago. Damn Foolsih kidds..

I read the story, it happens... And no the columnbine incident had nothing to do with that... It was just kids ****ed cause they were lonely and being picked on. Tired of being outcasts i guess. They thought it would be "cool" to kill people... Some blamed it on the hard rock they listened to, or the violent games... But either way, I cant see that since they still know whats right and wrong. They know its a game... They were just ****ed he had something on a game stolen from him and sold that was worth so much. Same as if someone stole somthing out of his garage. He just got violent and killed him for stealing... Not because he could no longer tell fiction from reality.

IMHO, The guys guilty of commiting a violent crime, not instanity due to too much game play...

Reaction score
I agree with Moco, Fisrt off, ALL YOU GAMERS. Think about how much that sword sold for. In any of the games you play....DO YOU HAVE AN ITEM WORTH THAT MUCH???????? I can't even fathome how long it took that kid to get that sword.

"Qui Chengwei stabbed Zhu Caoyuan in the chest when he found out he had sold his virtual sword for 7,200 Yuan (£473). "

Thats $837.587 USD. Thats like someone stealing my computer. Now I don't care if its virtual or not. As Moco said, time/effort and money were spent to obtain it. It was being stored under an account that was assigned to Qui Chengwei. Banks store you money virtually too. Thier is no vault with your name on it. And if you have direct deposit, that cash was never even printed!!!!!! If I hack your internet password I can make a nice transfer into my account.
If I were that kid I'd be furious. And If I had a Knife to you , you'd offer me back my money too. I bet that punk didn't think the kid would figure out it was him.

Not that I support killing another human being, a severe beating and the money would have been enough

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The Chinese are now looking at the laws on Virtual property rights after similar incidents and the killing incident....Perhaps other countries should look at virtual property rights now that the Internet and Gaming are now becoming so popular...:)

Ask a Question