    I do not know how I did this - but I need to put it back...

    Thanks!!!
    Jay

    jay, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Hi Jay,

    My guess is that your keyboard needs cleaning or replacing. To rule out a hardware
    problem, try using a different keyboard and see if the Left Shift Key works on it.

    --
    Carrie Garth, Microsoft MVP for Windows 2000
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- c x g

    : "jay" <mje_orlando AT earthlink DOT net>
    : Wrote in message news:01b301c35522$1f301640$
    : Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 11:05 AM
    : Greetings,
    : Somehow, I disabled my left shift key.
    : the right shift still works.
    : I do not know how I did this - but I need to put it back...
    :
    : Thanks!!!
    : Jay

    Carrie Garth \(MVP\), Jul 29, 2003

  3. jay

    The Spirit Guest

    Jay Eichelberger wrote:
    > Thanks for the suggestion..
    >
    > I have forgotten where to find the keyboard re-mapping utility/application.
    > The shift key works again after rebooting, so I don't think it is hardware -
    > but my fat fingers that hit the wrong key..
    > I have done this twice this year...
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Jay

    For future reference you might want to take a look at the Accessability
    Options for keyboards. These are the options used to modify how input
    and output is handled for those people who deal with physical disabilities.

    Start>> Settings>> Control Panel>> Accessibility Options>> Keyboard Tab

    --
    The Spirit - AC - Wintersebb
    Onne - AC2 - Frostfell

    The Spirit, Jul 30, 2003