LCD problem

Reaction score
I have an LG - Omni 15" LCD, I just noticed that there is like a 5cm darker bar running from from the top to the bottem of the screen. I can still see everything, it's just a faint vertical, darker, bar.

For.e.g if I was looking at a picture the screen looks normal (in the case of colours etc) then about 10cm coming in from the right hand side of the screen there is this darker bar shading over the picture, like that "bar" has it's contrast lowered.

What's wrong with it? :angry:

I am currently running windows xp using 128SDRAM (dun ask me y)

Can LCD'd be fixed :confused:

Thnx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That sounds like it is an actual physical fault with the monitor... but doesn't sound like a backlight failure because of the type.

Is there any gradient to the edges of the colour fading, or is is from light to dark in 1 pixel? Has it also just started suddenly?

I'd try and use the warranty that would have come with your monitor if it is covered. Otherwise, it may be a bit of a problem.

Try pressing along the edges of the monitor casing, in case it is a bad connection.

Ask a Question