large icons, taskbar etc

G

I'm running XP Home Edition on a laptop. When I turned it on last night, the desktop icons, windows, taskbar etc had all doubled in size. The wallpaper is still the same size, though. It's only in my user account, other accounts on the machine are fine. The resolution is already set at maximum, and I've checked the accessibility options. Is there a way to fix this, or a way to reset all of the defaults for my user account to make this go away?

H

hustedj

Try this

Control Panel / Display settings / Appearance and there is a drop down and
it says ICON SIZE put it at normal.

I hope that helps Kate!

Kate said:
I'm running XP Home Edition on a laptop. When I turned it on last night,
the desktop icons, windows, taskbar etc had all doubled in size. The
wallpaper is still the same size, though. It's only in my user account,
other accounts on the machine are fine. The resolution is already set at
maximum, and I've checked the accessibility options. Is there a way to fix
this, or a way to reset all of the defaults for my user account to make this
go away?

G

Nope, it just shows tiny icons with huge spaces between them. It's affecting everything, like the scroll bars in windows and the taskbar, not just icons. Thanks for trying to help :)

G

Mine was like that today too! Please Help! I have no idea how to get rid of it. Windows take up so much room.

R

roger

Hi Sailorgirl,

Mine was like that today too! Please Help! I have no idea how to get rid of it. Windows take up so much room.

Try this:
right-click on the desktop, choose properties, on the 'themes' tab
choose 'Windows XP' from the dropdown list.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Ask a Question