    It's still a great trade off, even if it's not possible.. Just wondering...
    Thanks
    Barry Austex

    Barry, Dec 1, 2008

  2. Barry wrote
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1720, came with Vista.. I removed Vista and
    > installed Winxp Pro. "love it"..
    > Well anyway, I was wondering if under power options, The only 2 choices
    > for closing the lid are
    > "do nothing", and "stand by".... Is it possible to have additional option
    > added "Shutdown"..
    > It's still a great trade off, even if it's not possible.. Just
    > wondering...

    Did you install all the Dell Windows XP drivers and Dell Windows XP
    software?
    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...NS_PNT_PM_1720&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Dec 1, 2008

  3. Barry

    Twayne Guest

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1720, came with Vista.. I removed Vista and
    > installed Winxp Pro. "love it"..
    > Well anyway, I was wondering if under power options, The only 2
    > choices for closing the lid are
    > "do nothing", and "stand by".... Is it possible to have additional
    > option added "Shutdown"..
    > It's still a great trade off, even if it's not possible.. Just
    > wondering... Thanks
    > Barry Austex

    Hmm, I have a choice for ShutDown on my laptop. Have you applied the
    Service Packs?

    Twayne

    Twayne, Dec 2, 2008
  4. Barry

    inavlis Guest

    Yes you could, normally you can set it by using the Dell driver.

    inavlis, Dec 14, 2008