Windows 7 Laptop online

Reaction score
Reinstalled Win7 on my laptop and now can't get online with Comcast. I have a home group which include a desktop and iPad that can get online. What do I need to do to get my laptop back online? Thanks Keith

Reaction score
Correct drivers installed?
Ethernet port enabled?
Cable not broken?
Correct cable being used?
WiFi signal being received?
Router recognising Laptop?
Correct information entered in router?
Password correct?

Reaction score
D|L both network adapters. Have a Comcast Technicolor voice modem which is working fine with the desktop an ipad. How do I ck the last three questions? Apperentely something is missing when I reinstalled win7. Thanks Keith

Reaction score
So that would suggest your drivers for the Wireless adapter are not installed or functioning

Reaction score
1st of all, thank you for the reply. I d\l the network adaptors for my Toshiba Satellite the other day, AtherosAR5007EG and Realtek PCIe FE Family controller, is this what you are referring to? Thanks

Reaction score
Checked network adapters on my desktop and Toredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface has a yellow excl. pt. When I click on it, it says it won't start. Would this have anything to do with my laptop and wifi? Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, following the instructions carefully reinstall the driver and reboot your machine

You will need to know your password for the wifi. Unless you have set it yourself it will probably be on the rear of the modem/router

refer to manual if unsure

Reaction score
Did reinstall the driver, than clicking on the network and my home group that request came up about the modem ID which I found on the bottom of it I typed it in and then waited a couple of seconds and that request came up again during each attempt I tried. Thanks

Ask a Question