    The specs specify 800 megahertz DDR3 memory. DDR3 800 is getting harder
    to find. Can I substitute 1066 megahertz memory instead? Or is the
    faster memory incompatible?

    Don, Apr 24, 2012

  2. Don

    SC Tom Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hello,
    > I have one of those barebone/mini PCs that takes 204 pin DDR3 memory. The specs specify 800 megahertz DDR3 memory.
    > DDR3 800 is getting harder to find. Can I substitute 1066 megahertz memory instead? Or is the faster memory
    > incompatible?

    As long as it's 204 pin DDR3, you shouldn't have a problem. It would be best to install in matched pairs (if your mini
    has more than one slot).
    --
    SC Tom

    SC Tom, Apr 25, 2012

  3. Don

    Paul Guest

    Don wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have one of those barebone/mini PCs that takes 204 pin DDR3 memory.
    > The specs specify 800 megahertz DDR3 memory. DDR3 800 is getting harder
    > to find. Can I substitute 1066 megahertz memory instead? Or is the
    > faster memory incompatible?

    Faster memory, works in slower systems.

    If you need further assistance, provide make and model number info,
    for either the computer, or the motherboard.

    Crucial and Kingston provide search engines, for matching motherboards
    to memory. And they can give a hint as to what might work. If you
    see them quoting only faster memory, then you know you're headed in
    the right direction.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 25, 2012