    Please contact
    Wegen Swen musste ich meine Adresse veraendern.
    Bitte an schreiben

    Gabriele Neukam, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Gabriele Neukam

    CHarneyCHRIS Guest

    one question, when is he going to release a mini-koppix ,im not downloading 700
    megabytes.

    CHarneyCHRIS, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Gabriele Neukam

    Roger RamJet Guest

    On 22 Sep 2003 23:40:59 GMT, (CHarneyCHRIS)
    wrote:

    >one question, when is he going to release a mini-koppix ,im not downloading 700
    >megabytes.

    You can find versions that start at 50MB (Damn Small Linux) all the
    way up to special versions for multimedia and medicine here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixCustomizations

    Roger RamJet, Sep 23, 2003
  4. On 22 Sep 2003 23:40:59 GMT, (CHarneyCHRIS)
    wrote:

    >one question, when is he going to release a mini-koppix ,im not downloading 700
    >megabytes.

    Several people do their own remastering of Knoppix all the way down to
    being able to boot off of things like the mini-CD's. If you ask
    around on the Knoppix forums (http://www.knoppix.net/forum) , I'm sure
    that you'll find what you are looking for.

    ---------------------------------------
    What could possibly go wrong?

    Kevin Davis³, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Gabriele Neukam

    CHarneyCHRIS Guest

    well i jioned the forumand posted a message so lets see what happens next, by
    the way your link does not work.

    CHarneyCHRIS, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Blinky the Shark, Sep 23, 2003
  7. lucat bene, der Roger RamJet <> goh, a hunnert truxx
    inero, sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:54:28 GMT:

    >On 22 Sep 2003 23:40:59 GMT, (CHarneyCHRIS)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>one question, when is he going to release a mini-koppix ,im not downloading 700
    >>megabytes.

    >You can find versions that start at 50MB (Damn Small Linux) all the
    >way up to special versions for multimedia and medicine here:
    >http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixCustomizations

    wow. awesome rebuilds abound. thanks man!

    --
    "enjoy every sandwich."
    -warren zevon

    |3iff //ullins, Sep 23, 2003
  8. On that special day, |3iff //ullins, (biff.mullins3@
    3premeditatedfun.com) said...

    > lucat bene, der Roger RamJet <> goh, a hunnert truxx
    > inero, sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:54:28 GMT:

    erm, this introductory line is still baffling me. Is this jiddish? I tra
    to read: "Look well, the $person said, with a lot of cunning, something
    (huh?) and something (what?)"

    I would appreciate an explanation of this "kowz" and "duxx", thankyou.

    Gabriele Neukam

    --
    Because of Swen, my address is changed.

    Gabriele Neukam, Sep 23, 2003
  9. NewsGroup .... alt.comp.freeware
    Date ......... 2003-09-23
    Posted_By .... |3iff //ullins ,
    Gabriel Neukam

    > lucat bene, der Roger RamJet <> goh,
    > a hunnert truxx inero,
    > sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx

    English guess ????

    Look at how well Roger RamJet goes
    a hundred trucks in a row ,
    some with cows and some with ducks

    BabelFish on-line translation ....

    Blick auf wie gut Roger RamJet hundert LKWAS in einer Reihe geht,
    einige mit Kühen und einige mit Enten

    ????

    --
    Cousin Stanley
    Human Being

    Cousin Stanley, Sep 24, 2003
  10. Gabriele Neukam

    Roger RamJet Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:17:03 -0700, "Cousin Stanley"
    <> wrote:

    > NewsGroup .... alt.comp.freeware
    > Date ......... 2003-09-23
    > Posted_By .... |3iff //ullins ,
    > Gabriel Neukam
    >
    >> lucat bene, der Roger RamJet <> goh,
    >> a hunnert truxx inero,
    >> sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx

    > English guess ????
    >
    > Look at how well Roger RamJet goes
    > a hundred trucks in a row ,
    > some with cows and some with ducks
    >
    > BabelFish on-line translation ....
    >
    > Blick auf wie gut Roger RamJet hundert LKWAS in einer Reihe geht,
    > einige mit Kühen und einige mit Enten
    >
    > ????

    Wow. That's quite poetic.

    Roger RamJet, Sep 24, 2003
  11. On 23 Sep 2003 06:05:29 GMT, (CHarneyCHRIS)
    wrote:

    >well i jioned the forumand posted a message so lets see what happens next, by
    >the way your link does not work.

    It works just fine for me.

    ---------------------------------------
    What could possibly go wrong?

    Kevin Davis³, Sep 24, 2003
  12. lucat bene, der Gabriele Neukam
    <> goh, a hunnert truxx inero,
    sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx on Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:43:21 +0200:

    >On that special day, |3iff //ullins, (biff.mullins3@
    >3premeditatedfun.com) said...
    >
    >> lucat bene, der Roger RamJet <> goh, a hunnert truxx
    >> inero, sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:54:28 GMT:

    >erm, this introductory line is still baffling me. Is this jiddish? I tra
    >to read: "Look well, the $person said, with a lot of cunning, something
    >(huh?) and something (what?)"

    it's sorta english with a thick (un/under-educated) canadian accent
    for: "look out benny, there (insert name) goes, a hundred trucks in a
    row, some with cows and some with ducks." total non-sequitur, really.

    HTH!

    >I would appreciate an explanation of this "kowz" and "duxx", thankyou.

    there *is a story behind the madness, but are you sure you want to
    know?...

    >Gabriele Neukam
    >

    |3iff //ullins, Sep 24, 2003
  13. Blick auf wie gut "Cousin Stanley" <>
    hundert LKWAS in einer Reihe geht, einige mit Kühen und einige mit
    Enten on Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:17:03 -0700:

    > NewsGroup .... alt.comp.freeware
    > Date ......... 2003-09-23
    > Posted_By .... |3iff //ullins ,
    > Gabriel Neukam
    >
    >> lucat bene, der Roger RamJet <> goh,
    >> a hunnert truxx inero,
    >> sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx

    > English guess ????
    >
    > Look at how well Roger RamJet goes
    > a hundred trucks in a row ,
    > some with cows and some with ducks

    very VERY close. are you a canadian??...

    > BabelFish on-line translation ....
    >
    > Blick auf wie gut Roger RamJet hundert LKWAS in einer Reihe geht,
    > einige mit Kühen und einige mit Enten

    loved it so much i had to use it. hope you don't mind *too much!

    --
    "enjoy every sandwich."
    -warren zevon

    |3iff //ullins, Sep 24, 2003
  14. Gabriele Neukam

    Roger RamJet Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:28:19 GMT, "|3iff //ullins"
    <> wrote:

    >Blick auf wie gut "Cousin Stanley" <>
    >hundert LKWAS in einer Reihe geht, einige mit Kühen und einige mit
    >Enten on Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:17:03 -0700:
    >

    >> NewsGroup .... alt.comp.freeware
    >> Date ......... 2003-09-23
    >> Posted_By .... |3iff //ullins ,
    >> Gabriel Neukam
    >>
    >>> lucat bene, der Roger RamJet <> goh,
    >>> a hunnert truxx inero,
    >>> sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx

    >> English guess ????
    >>
    >> Look at how well Roger RamJet goes
    >> a hundred trucks in a row ,
    >> some with cows and some with ducks
    >>

    >very VERY close. are you a canadian??...
    ><snip>

    Oddly, I'm the Canadian.

    Roger RamJet, Sep 25, 2003
  15. | very VERY close. are you a canadian ???

    Born & raised as a Texan, although I haven't
    lived there since 1971 ....

    But I do sometimes watch Cousin Red Green
    over on the PBS channel ...

    --
    Cousin Stanley
    Human Being

    Cousin Stanley, Sep 25, 2003
  16. On that special day, |3iff //ullins, (biff.mullins3@
    3premeditatedfun.com) said...

    > there *is a story behind the madness, but are you sure you want to
    > know?...

    Hmm, if you say so, better not (must be a really weird/tall story...)

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele Neukam, Sep 25, 2003
  17. Blick auf wie gut Roger RamJet <> goh, a hundert
    LKWAS in einer Reihe geht, einige mit Kühen und einige mit Enten on
    Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:21:38 GMT:

    >On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:28:19 GMT, "|3iff //ullins"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Blick auf wie gut "Cousin Stanley" <>
    >>hundert LKWAS in einer Reihe geht, einige mit Kühen und einige mit
    >>Enten on Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:17:03 -0700:
    >>

    >>> NewsGroup .... alt.comp.freeware
    >>> Date ......... 2003-09-23
    >>> Posted_By .... |3iff //ullins ,
    >>> Gabriel Neukam

    >>> English guess ????
    >>>
    >>> Look at how well Roger RamJet goes
    >>> a hundred trucks in a row ,
    >>> some with cows and some with ducks
    >>>

    >>very VERY close. are you a canadian??...
    >><snip>

    >Oddly, I'm the Canadian.

    oddly, my middle name is 'oddly'.

    --
    come on, cactus is our friend
    he'll point out the way

    |3iff //ullins, Sep 26, 2003
  18. Blick auf wie gut Gabriele Neukam
    <> goh, a hundert LKWAS in
    einer Reihe geht, einige mit Kühen und einige mit Enten on Thu, 25 Sep
    2003 19:13:36 +0200:

    >On that special day, |3iff //ullins, (biff.mullins3@
    >3premeditatedfun.com) said...
    >
    >> there *is a story behind the madness, but are you sure you want to
    >> know?...

    >Hmm, if you say so, better not (must be a really weird/tall story...)

    bah! its not *that bad of a story...

    i walked into work one day years ago and noticed a bunch of people
    gathered around a chalkboard. they look confused. i took a peek at
    what was on the board and saw that 'lucat bene' stuff. i'm the only
    one in the whole place who figured out what it was saying. the guy who
    wrote it was impressed. we were best friends for years after that...

    weirdos of a feather, i guess...