    hotfix, to install. Can anyone please help?
    --
    thank you, josh

    joshriley07, Apr 24, 2009

  2. joshriley07

    Paul Guest

    joshriley07 wrote:
    > When inserting my Micro SD Card into my new acer aspire one notebook, I
    > receive a message stating, “jmcr.sys on jmicron driver diskette neededâ€, and
    > I am unable to install hotfix, as I am repeatedly prompted to enter the
    > password. I tried "skip password" & "always skip" and it doesnt unzip the
    > hotfix, to install. Can anyone please help?

    Is it something like this chip ?

    http://www.jmicron.com/Product_JMB38X.htm

    Jmicron has some drivers here, for the 38X family.

    ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb38x/XP_Vista/

    I checked, and there is a jmcr.sys inside the ZIP.

    These are the device IDs mentioned in the INF file.

    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2381.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD Host Controller"
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD/MMC Host Controller"
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383.DeviceDesc="JMB38X MS Host Controller"
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384.DeviceDesc="JMB38X xD Host Controller"
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2386.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD Host Controller"
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2387.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD/MMC Host Controller"
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2388.DeviceDesc="JMB38X MS Host Controller"
    PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2389.DeviceDesc="JMB38X xD Host Controller"

    Which hotfix are you referring to ? Is this a hotfix from
    Acer or from Microsoft ? Do you have a URL ?

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 24, 2009

  3. joshriley07

    jrbales