    window title and terminating

    can any one help me?

    , Oct 16, 2006

  2. <> schrieb:
    > it should kill an application which is running already.
    >
    > Note:- I don want to use this find window funda. ie by catching the
    > window title and terminating

    Check out 'System.Diagnostics.Process'.

    --
    M S Herfried K. Wagner
    M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP], Oct 16, 2006

  3. Miro Guest

    This should get you started.

    'Where textbox1.text = "NOTEPAD" not NOTEPAD.EXE
    Dim myProcesses() As Process
    Dim myProcess As Process

    myProcesses = Process.GetProcessesByName(Trim(TextBox1.Text))
    For Each myProcess In myProcesses
    myProcess.Kill()
    Next

    Miro