Kid's Games

H-Man

After Googling for some time on this subject I've come to the realization
that I need some opinions. These's so much that's listed a freeware but is
really shareware or trialware, it's difficult to prune the list to anything
useful.

I have found a program called ChildsPlay, my 4 year old loves it. Are there
any more like it? Looking primarily for a collection of kids games,
preferably educational, for a 4-5 year old. His "new" computer is an old
200MHz Toshiba laptop that my office was not using with Win98SE on it.

TIA

JP Loken

På Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:14:34 +0100, skrev H-Man <[email protected]>:

I have found a program called ChildsPlay, my 4 year old loves it. Are
there
any more like it? Looking primarily for a collection of kids games,
preferably educational, for a 4-5 year old. His "new" computer is an old
200MHz Toshiba laptop that my office was not using with Win98SE on it.

TIA

Should be something here.
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/feducational.html

You could also ask here:
alt.comp.freeware.games

Susan Bugher

H-Man said:
After Googling for some time on this subject I've come to the realization
that I need some opinions. These's so much that's listed a freeware but is
really shareware or trialware, it's difficult to prune the list to anything
useful.

I have found a program called ChildsPlay, my 4 year old loves it. Are there
any more like it? Looking primarily for a collection of kids games,
preferably educational, for a 4-5 year old. His "new" computer is an old
200MHz Toshiba laptop that my office was not using with Win98SE on it.

IMO this site has some interesting looking Freeware apps (I haven't
tried them). (Click on the "English" links if you don't read Swedish).

http://www.wartoft.nu/

including:
Sebran - helps your children learn letters, numbers, simple math, and
reading. Multilingual, freeware.
http://www.wartoft.nu/software/sebran

A couple of drawing programs (I've tried the first one and liked it -
*everyone* seems to):

Program: Drawing for Children
Author: (Mark Overmars)
Install: (n.i.)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/kids/index.html

Program: Tux Paint
Author: New Breed Software
Ware: (Freeware) (open source: GNU GPL)
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mike Echo

I- said:
After Googling for some time on this subject I've come to the realization
that I need some opinions. These's so much that's listed a freeware but is
really shareware or trialware, it's difficult to prune the list to anything
useful.

I have found a program called ChildsPlay, my 4 year old loves it. Are there
any more like it? Looking primarily for a collection of kids games,
preferably educational, for a 4-5 year old. His "new" computer is an old
200MHz Toshiba laptop that my office was not using with Win98SE on it.

Munge your email and I'll contact you.

HTH,
R.