    use the keyboard arrow it scrolls alot faster. Anyone know how we can make it
    faster if the pointer is on a document?

    Regards

    Arne, Sep 25, 2009

  2. Your cursor will stay where you put it in the document if you use the
    mouse on the vertical scroll bar (either click or hold the arrow boxes
    at top and bottom, or drag the elevator box up and down, or (for
    really fast scrolling) click or hold in the blank area above or below
    the elevator box.

    If you have Word2007, you need to turn off "Smart Cursoring" in Office
    Button > Word Options > Advanced > Editing (the first batch), the 7th
    item down.

    Peter T. Daniels, Sep 25, 2009