KB925902, Error 8007000B

Rev OOC

Vista Home Premium

Windows Update is recommending I install KB925902. After download,
installation fails, giving error 8007000B.

I searched the Windows Knowledge Base for KB925902 and had no result. I also
searched the Knowledge Base for error 8007000B and found that this error is
supposed to occur only when using Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows Server 2003
and has to do with the use of a "Signcode utility in Microsoft Visual Studio
or Microsoft.Net Framework Development Kit". I am certainly not using either
of the two Operating Systems. I am not using (knowingly) Visual Studio, and
while I have the .Net Framework installed, don't think I'm using it.

What is going on and how do I correct this?

Rev OOC

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Rev,
I replied to another post by you on a different thread but here it is again
just to make sure you see it:
For the 8007000B error message try this:
1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
Run as
Administrator.
3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
4. At the command prompt, type "fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ ",
without the quotation marks and then
press ENTER.
5. Reboot your machine and try to update again
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: "Rev OOC" <[email protected]>
|>Subject: KB925902, Error 8007000B
|>Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:25:54 -0700
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|>
|>Vista Home Premium
|>
|>Windows Update is recommending I install KB925902. After download,
|>installation fails, giving error 8007000B.
|>
|>I searched the Windows Knowledge Base for KB925902 and had no result. I
also
|>searched the Knowledge Base for error 8007000B and found that this error
is
|>supposed to occur only when using Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows Server 2003
|>and has to do with the use of a "Signcode utility in Microsoft Visual
Studio
|>or Microsoft.Net Framework Development Kit". I am certainly not using
either
|>of the two Operating Systems. I am not using (knowingly) Visual Studio,
and
|>while I have the .Net Framework installed, don't think I'm using it.
|>
|>What is going on and how do I correct this?
|>
|>Rev OOC

HEMI-Powered

Today, "Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" made these interesting comments
Hello Rev,
I replied to another post by you on a different thread but
here it is again just to make sure you see it:
For the 8007000B error message try this:
1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt,
and then click Run as
Administrator.
3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click
Continue. 4. At the command prompt, type "fsutil resource
setautoreset true C:\ ", without the quotation marks and then
press ENTER.
5. Reboot your machine and try to update again
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

I'll save this for further info, thanks. For now, I declined the
update until maybe MS fixes it in a day or two.