KB867801 keeps reinstalling

mike

All,

The windows update KB867801 (Cumulative Security
Update for IE6) keeps installing over and over again, but
says it has never been installed. I tried uninstalling
and then reinstall and I also saw someone post same
problem and had to do with video drivers...both didn't
help. What else can i do to get this update to finally
install and stick?

Mike

Berend

The windows update KB867801 (Cumulative Security
Update for IE6) keeps installing over and over again, but
says it has never been installed. I tried uninstalling
and then reinstall and I also saw someone post same
problem and had to do with video drivers...both didn't
help. What else can i do to get this update to finally
install and stick?

Mike
.
I've been having the same problem with a Media Player
update. It re-downloads and re-installs every time I log
onto my dial-up, and has done so for a month or so.
What's going on?

Berend.

Terrence Tan [MSFT]

Try the resolution steps in KB 822798 "You cannot install some updates or
programs"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822798

***
Terrence Tan
Server Setup Team

Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me.
This allows others to add to and benefit from these threads
and also helps to ensure a more timely response.
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either
expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the
implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a
particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting
are mine and do not necessarily express or reflect the views
and/or opinions of Microsoft.