Kama Sutra worm & removal tool link ... get it today

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The Kama Sutra worm, which has numerous aliases, is set to deliver its first destructive payload TOMORROW (February 3). This worm is believed to have infected anywhere from 200,000 to 700,000 computers worldwide.

The worm is programmed to destroy numerous antivirus program files and Microsoft Office document files, thirty minutes after an infected machine is powered up, on the third day of each month.

Microsoft has included detection for this worm in its Malicious Software Removal Tool. However, Microsoft is withholding that update from all but paying members of their "Windows Live Safety" and "OneCare" beta services. Microsoft refuses to release the update to the general public, before their regularly scheduled general update, on February 14th. I will have plenty to say about that in tomorrow's newsletter, believe me.

Whether you believe that you are infected or not, you should take precautionary steps now, just in case. Any documents created by Microsoft Office as well as .rar and .zip archives should be backed up and stored on separate, removable storage, such as a CD or DVD. Files and documents of this type will be corrupted beyond repair on infected machines.

Symantec has released a free tool that will remove the virus. Download the tool and run it, even if you are certain that you are not infected. It is a very small file and you have nothing to lose by running it. You don't want to be wrong and lose your boss's spreadsheets, now do you?

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

If you already have an antivirus program, make certain it is updated and run a full scan of your computer.

MY Thanks to Spyware info. :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
OH, and MS are NOT issuing any "protection/updates or fixes" untill Feb 14th ... way to go MS :rolleyes:

:confused:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
They will loose badly due to this, many may abandon MS OS once they find out MS left them high and dry

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
from what i have read it doesnt seem as though this caused as much chaos as i was expecting

muckshifter

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
from what i have read it doesnt seem as though this caused as much chaos as i was expecting
I can only remember one ... the Blaster Worm ... that caused any real 'problems' and since then most of these 'warning' have been quietly dealt with.

Half the World is still asleep :D

You do get a lot of 'hype' coming out of AV companies though ... ;)

:)

Reaction score
Hey Mucks, I don't actually use MS Office, I use Open Office. I'm all backed up any how, but would the Open Office files be affected? They are made to be compatable with MS Office.

Reaction score
Raje said:
Hey Mucks, I don't actually use MS Office, I use Open Office. I'm all backed up any how, but would the Open Office files be affected? They are made to be compatable with MS Office.

I would doubt it as the target is MS;)

Reaction score
SWEET!!! I love 3rd party software. Thanks itsme, makes me feel better, I won't have to 'fix' anything.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Raje said:
SWEET!!! I love 3rd party software. Thanks itsme, makes me feel better, I won't have to 'fix' anything.
You won't need to "fix" anything if you got infected ... 'cos it deletes all your office files. :D

Are you using a Firewall? :p

Ask a Question