joining larger documents together after scannin

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to send a scanned picture of an LP cover. I have Irfanview and want to overlap/join the 2 images I have of the cover together seamlessly. Is this possible in Irfanview?
(I was using Microsoft ICE and it was simply a matter of loading the 2 scans and ICE put them together perfetly to form one image, no fuss, perfect - then ICE decided it would not run on My computer. Looking for an alternative now)
Any help wouild be appreciated, Paul

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Canon Photostitch will do that, it comes with most Canon Cameras on a disk but I don't know whether it's available freely to non-Canon-Camera owners.

The question here should really be why MS ICE has stopped working on your computer.

Reaction score
Thanks, I will have a look at Canon. I have spent hours with the Microsoft Community help forums and we have acheived nothing regarding solving the the ICE malfuntion. I am trying to find an alternative.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
In Irfanview you can put two images together, either horizontally or vertically, by going to Image> Create Panorama > Add Images > Create Image.

That will create a composite, seamless, new image.

Reaction score
Problem solved with a wonderful little application called Autostitch.
Simply open it, drag two (or more) overlapping images into the window and it stitches them together - no fuss - no bother.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. :)

The other alternative is the free Microsoft Image Composite Editor which does the same thing. :) (oooops, just noticed that you have already mentioned this one :blush: )

After trying both I thought that the Microsoft Editor gave a better result.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree nivrip but as I am baffled by ICE refusing to work I needed an alternative that was simple.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I agree nivrip but as I am baffled by ICE refusing to work I needed an alternative that was simple.

I assume that you uninstalled ICE and then reinstalled. I've just downloaded it and it is fine.

Ask a Question