    server, do I have to uninstall terminal server, then join the domain, then
    reinstall terminal server? If I do so, will I have to reload all
    applications?

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005

    PS. The terminal server is not a domain controller and will not be one. It
    will remain a stand alone.

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005

  3. I assume that you mean that the Terminal Server will become a member
    server in the domain (as apposed to a standalone server in a
    workgroup)? Should not be a problem. Just join the domain.
    You might have to review your user accounts and permissions, though.
    Vera Noest
    TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?= <> wrote on
    03 nov 2005 in microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps:

    Vera Noest [MVP], Nov 3, 2005

    You assume correct. My problem is there is not longer a network ID tab in
    order to join the domain. I have never seen this before on other terminal
    servers. I am looking a using a command line with netdom. Any suggestions?

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005
  5. I don't have a W2K server handy right now, but do you mean that
    it's not under Control Panel - System - properties - Computername -
    Network ID?

    Vera Noest [MVP], Nov 3, 2005