    address in my windows hosts file. The pop-ups still
    appear, but the page does not load and is unable to relay
    information back to the source.

    anitspyware user, Feb 22, 2005

  2. anitspyware user

    John Guest

    This is an infection of CYDOOR

    Delete registry values:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Cydoor
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Cydoor Services
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run \
    Cydoor=CD_Load.exe

    Delete files:
    cd_install_202.exe, cd_clint.dll, cd_htm.dll, cd_load.exe, cd_swf.dll

    Delete directories:
    ADCACHE

    JohnF.

    John, Feb 22, 2005

  3. anitspyware user

    Guest Guest

    Thanks John! Much appreciated!

    Guest, Feb 23, 2005
  4. anitspyware user

    Todd Guest

    Thanks again for the suggestion. However I don't have
    those reg keys or files on my system. I will continue to
    work on this.

    Regards,

    Todd

    <>

    Todd, Feb 23, 2005
  5. anitspyware user

    JohnF. Guest

    A trojan must be hiding in your temp files and is trying to install cydoor.
    Dump all your temp files and see what hapeens when you reboot. Make sure
    your antivirus software is uptodate and is configured correctly.

    JohnF.

    JohnF., Feb 23, 2005
  6. anitspyware user

    Todd Guest

    John,

    Thanks again for your consideration on this. I had
    already cleaned out my temp folders. I have latest
    definitions on norton firewall and antivirus. I have 4
    anti-spyware apps installed. It does sound like a trojan
    could be at work here, but no luck in finding it. May be
    new. I followed recommendations put forward on some forum
    posts found in a yahoo search. Pop-ups still occurring. I
    will post if I am able to find a solution to this.

    Regards,

    Todd

    Todd, Feb 24, 2005
  7. anitspyware user

    JohnF. Guest

    Last shot from me for now - did you disable System Restore, reboot in safe
    mode, cleanup, edit registry, dump temps, throw salt over your left
    shoulder, reboot and see what happens then?!!

    JohnF.

    JohnF., Feb 24, 2005