jets of HP 51626A cartridge congested

Ralf Hechter

Hello,
I purchased a used HP 51626A cartridge for my DeskJet 400, which only
a few pages have been printed with by its prior owner before his
printer went out of order. For the shipment he covered the contacts
and the golden rectangle on the bottom where the jets are located (?)
with adhesive strip. Now it seems that the jets are congested and the
cartridge won't print anymore. Can anybody suggest a way to clean them
again? Thanks in advance!

Ralf

psc

Ralf Hechter said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
Hello Bryan,
Thanks for the solid infos. This was very detailed. Btw, the 51626A is
the black version cartridge, not the color version. But I assume, I
can use the very same tricks to possibly make it work again.
I will try something of the above tomorrow. Hopefully I get it right,
cause English is not my native language! Thanks again.

Oh, it's the black. That makes it a bit easier to get working. You don't
usually have to deal with air pockets or dried out sponges like you do for
the color carts.

Good luck,
Bryan