    to uninstall it - Update 12 is an update to this version.

    If you have JRE 6 Update 7 or earlier, these must be uninstalled before
    or after the Update 12 installation.

    Pat Willener, Feb 3, 2009

  2. Pat Willener

    JJ Guest

    Thanks Pat. Haven't seen anything in my auto update, but will check. :)

    JJ, Feb 3, 2009
  3. There are no security fixes in this update. There's no need to go to this
    version unless you are on the newest platforms that it supports better,
    which include Server 2008 and 64 bit versions of Windows.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 3, 2009
  4. Pat Willener

    JJ Guest

    Thanks Bill. I tried going through control panel and Java, but it says I have
    the latest, which is 11. Have a good day.

    JJ, Feb 3, 2009
  5. Pat Willener

    Pat Willener Guest

    This is because Java Update checks with http://www.java.com/ (rather