    (which contains enabling options for Java.) I'm guessing that has something
    to do with our problem. We have updated Service Pack. Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

    Guest, Nov 3, 2004

  2. "TN3" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > We have a number of computers that do not show any java applets. When
    > looking at Advanced Internet Options, there is no section for
    > Microsoft VM (which contains enabling options for Java.) I'm
    > guessing that has something to do with our problem. We have updated
    > Service Pack. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    Test Java: http://www.fitwise.com/testjava.asp
    Java VM: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm#java2
    Understand that because of a court decision Microsoft will stop all Java
    support after 30 SEP 04 and is recommending that you use the Sun JRE.
    Sun version
    http://java.sun.com/getjava/installer.html
    MSJVM Transition FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/faq.asp

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Nov 3, 2004

    Why wouldn't we have had something previously installed to support it similar
    to other computers that we have purchased prior to and after the computers in
    question? Thanks.

    Guest, Nov 3, 2004
  4. "TN3" <> wrote in message
    > Why wouldn't we have had something previously installed to support it
    > similar to other computers that we have purchased prior to and after
    > the computers in question? Thanks.

    Without more details I really can't answer that. WinXP and IE6 do not come
    with Java support.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com