G

My outlook starts up with Send/Receive in place and then immediately
disappears on both the standard toolbar and in the tools drop-down. I
cannot send or receive any email from outlook. I test my email account setup
and it works fine. What's going on

S

Scott Atkins[MSFT]

Hi,

The problem you are experiencing often occurs when the Outlook profile is corrupt. I recommend you use following steps to create a new profile.

Create a new Outlook profile
========================================
1. Close Outlook.
2. Click Start menu-> Control Panel. If Control Panel is not in Classic View, click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click the Mail icon.
3. Click Show Profiles and then click Add. In the New Profile dialog box, type a descriptive name for the new profile in the Profile Name box, and then click OK.
4. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click "Add a new e-mail account", and then click Next.
5. Select the appropriate server type for your e-mail account, and then click Next.
6. Fill in the appropriate information as prompted, and then click Next and Finish as needed.
7. Click the "Prompt for a profile to be used" option and click OK. This way, you will be prompted for a profile when starting Outlook.
8. Restart Outlook and select the new profile.

Test if the problem is resolved. If the problem does not exist in the new profile, you can refer to the import and export section in following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to move your
data in the old profile to the new profile. Note: This article also applies to Outlook 2003.

287070.KB.EN-US OL2002: How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;287070>

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------

Ask a Question