I've been baking

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I decided to make a pumpkin pie today, just because we've never tried it before and some American friends had been talking about it, so I wanted to know what we were missing ;) It tasted really good, so I'll probably be making it again.
HomemadePumpkinPie-1.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've never tasted pumpkin pie. The very idea seems quite yuk but can't comment cos I've never tried it. Have never seen it, come to think of it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Never had pumpkin pie either, but I'm willing to give it a go :D Have you got the recipe TC?

Looks very tasty I have to say :)

Reaction score
That looks yummy, and for those that haven't taisted it before, pumkin pie is just very yummy and very morish..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Have you got the recipe TC?

Certainly have Ian :D

Pumpkin Pie

INGREDIENTS:

175g granulated sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves (this is quite a strong spice, so don't be tempted to overdo it.)
2 eggs
300g pumpkin purée (TC note: I used a Butternut Squash. Peel, slice and cut into chunks (disgard seeds) microwave until solf (about 7 minutes full power) then whizz to a puree)
350g evaporated milk
1 unbaked 23cm/9in deep-dish pastry case (or line a deep 23cm/9in tart tin with shortcrust pastry)

PREPARATION:

1. Preheat oven to 220C/425F/gas mark 7.

2. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.

3. Beat the eggs lightly in large bowl.

4. Stir the pumpkin purée and sugar-spice mixture into eggs.

5. Gradually stir in the evaporated milk. (I found I needed slightly less. The mixture will be runny but that's as it should be.)

6. Pour into the pastry case.

7. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.

8. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

9. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.

10. Serve immediately, or chill.

Do not freeze.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TC, I'll be trying this in a couple of weeks :D

Reaction score
Pie, Pie, Pie.....I want Pie, any kinda pie....Hmmmmmm, kinda reminds me of a line out of "From Dusk Till Dawn" but it weren't Pie they were on about....lol:p :lol: :lol:

Ask a Question