It has begun! The Steam Summer Sale is on!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Picked up "Convoy", although it was only reduced slightly. Hoping it has some of the charm of FTL :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just bought 'Ori: The Blind Forest' and the Wolfenstein New Order add-on 'The Old Blood'

Am tempted by some of the others but that's enough for now.

I was also attracted to The Forest but after a lot of reading of reviews and stuff decided it probably wasn't for me. It's still buggy and still in prototype stage after 13 months - not good.

I've been playing Child Of Light - which I bought in a sale quite some time ago - lately and it's pretty good, gotta say. That's going cheap atm - about £3 I think - worth trying imo.

Reaction score
Not being a gamer how does Steam Games work?
Do you own the game or rent it?
Do you have to be online to play?

If i've hijacked your thread V_R let me know & I will start my own thread?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Alien: Isolation + Season Pass
Outlast + Whistleblower DLC
Metro Redux Bundle

Thats what I got this sale, three games I've had my eye on....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I bought quite a few cheapies, among them:

Some DLC for Magicka
Resident Evil 2 Episode 1
Fable Anniversary
Myst: Real Masterpiece
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Some DLC for Sonic & Sega Racers Transformed
Sonic CD
E.Y.E. Cybermancy
Ori & The Blind Forest
Wolfenstein The Old Blood

I haven't tried Fable, Wolfenstein, Myst or E.Y.E. yet but I can say I think Ori and the Blind Forest is very good indeed. Maybe a little cutesy but good gameplay.

I also like and have been playing Child Of Light but I bought that in an earlier sale.

I bought Magicka in a sale last October and only just got round to playing it. Played the tutorial and first level and liked it so bought some DLC. I wish I hadn't. Cos I got to almost finished level 3 (of 12 levels) and got stuck, it suddenly got hard and I became terribly frustrated with it and gave up. Ho hum.

I am looking forward to playing the (rather short, apparently) Wolfenstein extra.

I also bought Beyond Good and Evil in the GOG sale.

I bought Outlast some time ago and didn't like it at all I'm afraid, all dark, murky and indistinct and just too damned difficult for me.

Maybe my advanced years are taking their toll, lol, but I still do ok online and with most other games. Maybe I need to practice Magicka more but just like 'sensible' software, if I don't take to a game within the first few hours then - pfft! That's it, goodbye.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice collection Flops! :)

I started playing Alien Isolation last night, I can see me getting into this, only a little way though, about an hour or so. But its good, bit freaky/scary (if you can call it that) - If you've played anything similar, like the amnesia games you will know what I mean.

Can imagine it gets a lot worse! :D

Looking good for <£7! :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Still going with it, sometimes it drives me mad - I'm sure the Alien finds/kills you just to keep you on your toes sometimes!

Then starting back from the last save point and having to do the same bit over and over again.

However it is good, and well worth the ~£6 I paid for it. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wolfenstein The Old Blood was good, I enjoyed that. I seem to have lost my way on Child of Light so have given up for a while and have been playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel through again as a different character.

I'd also bought Fable - Anniversary in a sale some time ago and have started playing that. It's basically Fable 1 with improved graphics. It's not bad but imo not as good as Fable II was on the Xbox 360, Fable II was one of the few games I actually completed on the 360.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi Flopps I just bought Borderlands 1+2 +some DLC's in the last Humble Bundle an a discount on the Pre-Sequel if I buy it.
Are they any good ? is there any game that they are similar to ? :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Haven't seen you for a while Squire.

These games any good? I think so. Any games they similar too? None that I can think of.

My playing hours, all DLC, single player only, no MP or Co-op:

Borderlands 1: 86 hours
Borderlands 2: 851 hours
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel: 74 hours

I think it's fair to say I like this franchise :)

It will take a while to fully understand the game's mechanics and it's rather quirky save system.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
851 hours

Blimey they must be good I'll have to give em a go. Will I spoil anything by playing BL2 first or would I be better of playing BL1 first.Reason I am asking is BL2 plays on linux.
Me Windows went south after a update and I can not face a reinstall an if I am upgrading I will do one then. Poxy poxy MS me W7 backup done with W7 will not reinstall, a pox a pox on MS.

As to not being here lately, life over the last year has been pants, absolute and total pants. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Actually it will probably be beneficial playing BL2 first, I had a hard time with BL1 initially but after playing BL2 then going back to it, it was a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable.

I hope life's fortunes turn around for you O Barbaric one - good luck.

PS: Tips:

In BL2 get a sniper rifle as soon as you can.

Collect everything, stuff can be sold at ammo and weapons dispenser machines and they can always be dumped to make room for something more desirable than your current inventory.

When things look grim - run like **** :D

Ask a Question