    just downloaded Ver. 1.0.613 that expires on 31 Dec 2005.

    I presume the "614" must have been a false start that now
    has settled back to "613."

    Jack, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Hello Jack,
    Kindly download again the installer of Windows Antispyware from Microsoft
    website. Uninstall Build 613. Install the new installer. Reboot not
    necessary but recommended. You should have build 614.
    Please report back on results. Thanks!

    --
    Donna Buenaventura
    Calendar of Updates - http://cou.dozleng.com

    Donna Buenaventura, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Just to chime in, I agree with Donna--this is real, and her procedure may be
    necessary to see the proper version result.

    Bill Sanderson, Jun 25, 2005
  4. No its not a hoax:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Jack

    plun Guest

    plun, Jun 25, 2005
  6. Jack

    Leo Feret Guest

    My experience on 2 XP Home SP2 PCs says you must upgrade 613 to 614 by
    running the installer without first saving it; otherwise you just get
    613 installed again on top of itself.

    Donna Buenaventura wrote:
    > Hello Jack,
    > Kindly download again the installer of Windows Antispyware from
    > Microsoft website. Uninstall Build 613. Install the new installer.
    > Reboot not necessary but recommended. You should have build 614.
    > Please report back on results. Thanks!
    >
    >> Using the link in the Microsoft Downloads newsletter
    >> (identified with the date 6/23/05), today (25 Jun 2005) I
    >> just downloaded Ver. 1.0.613 that expires on 31 Dec 2005.
    >>
    >> I presume the "614" must have been a false start that now
    >> has settled back to "613."

    Leo Feret - "I'm not always at the keyboard;
    ·|Ô¿Ô¬|· sometimes I use the trackball."
    "Freedom is participation in power."
    - Cicero :) \(^o^)/ :(

    Leo Feret, Jun 25, 2005
  7. Jack

    blkwlnt64 Guest

    Bill, I have found the most accurate and easiest way to
    get the latest version is to come into this forum and on
    the left side click on the blue and white microsoft.com .

    blkwlnt64, Jun 26, 2005
  8. I think I had a bad chicken in my last offering, because I just updated a
    ..501 build from the download center, and got .613/5729 as the result.

    I'm not sure I've actually seen .614 on any machine yet.

    Bill Sanderson, Jun 26, 2005
  9. Jack

    plun Guest

    Bill Sanderson laid this down on his screen :
    > I think I had a bad chicken in my last offering, because I just updated a
    > .501 build from the download center, and got .613/5729 as the result.
    >
    > I'm not sure I've actually seen .614 on any machine yet.

    Really strange !

    Downloaded from default MS page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    Is it different versions within MS download centers ? then US must have
    1.0.613 and Europe 1.0.614 ?
    Probably Akamai servers also for this so maybe something is messed up.

    Microsoft AntiSpyware Version: 1.0.614
    This version expires on: 2005-12-31
    Spyware Definition Version: 5729 (2005-06-25 22:43:23)

    --
    plun

    plun, Jun 26, 2005
  10. Jack

    JohnF. Guest

    I've updated 6 machines here in VA and all are 614.

    JohnF., Jun 27, 2005
  11. Jack

    Guest Guest

    how i can link to europa.

    FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-

    Guest, Jun 27, 2005
  12. I'll try some more tonight or tomorrow. I've been trying to resist manually
    updating, 'cause I want to see the automagic update work--I've only been
    offered the update once, and when I accepted, nothing happened!

    EDITORIAL

    I REALLY don't like the way the current update process communicates.

    For example: On a machine with 5725 defs, I did File, Check for updates.
    Got back two quick "no update available" for defs and code. Did it again
    immediately, and got the expected update to 5729. This bugs me. The system
    is lying. The server is too busy to provide the bits, so it just blows you
    off.

    I guess this isn't easy to fix--the code is at the client end, and like many
    of the networking-related messages, it appears to have just two options
    "works/doesn't work" And the chosen text for the two results isn't helpful
    to the user.
    end EDITORIAL

    Bill Sanderson, Jun 27, 2005
  13. Just keep trying--I'm sure 614 will arrive eventually, if it isn't a figment
    of our imagination.

    Bill Sanderson, Jun 27, 2005
  14. Well, I'm going to be hanging out in Blacksburg VA starting Friday for about
    a week--maybe I should wait 'til then to test further!

    Bill Sanderson, Jun 27, 2005
  15. Jack

    DKI Guest

    Clear the cache out of your browser casue it might be why its still looking
    at build 613. i had that and when i cleared the cache out of IE it
    downloaded 614 i think it could be IE still holding the link in the cache
    pointing it to build 613.

    DKI, Jun 28, 2005
  16. Could be--I am now seeing 614!

    Bill Sanderson, Jun 28, 2005