  1. JoeA

    JoeA Guest

    It was sold to Scansoft, changed to PhotoFactory, then gone?

    JoeA, May 1, 2005

  2. JoeA wrote:
    > It was sold to Scansoft, changed to PhotoFactory, then gone?

    OT -
    don't know about a freeware clone, but Kai SuperGoo can still be purchased:

    http://www.mistralsoftware.co.nz/kais_supergoo.htm

    > Kai's SuperGOO™. Time to go crazy and distort a photo with realtime

    liquid distortion effects that can be saved in a photo format or in a
    Quicktime/AVI presentation.
    > What you can do with SuperGOO is to take a picture and mess it up
    > There are two parts of SuperGOO: the Fusion Room where you can mix and match face parts, add face parts and (in the end result) fuse face parts around all over the place. There is also the GOO room, displayed above, with two different types of effects: The GOO Brush palette (used above on Albee) where you can push, pull, shrink, enlarge, and generally mess up a picture and the GOO Effects palette where you can perform swirls and a variety of kaleidoscope type of effects on a picture. Once completed, you can save in a variety of common graphic formats or print the photo.

    regards from vegard

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    My sites:
    Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/
    Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/
    Freeware Logo & symbol: http://home.no/buffy2/
    Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/
    Pachisi & Ludo: http://home.no.net/vkp3/
    My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/
    a.c.f.g information: http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acfg/acfg.php
    18+ - Adult Solitaire: http://home.no.net/rachel12/
    18+ - Fishy Pictures: http://home.no.net/rachel12/fishy/
    Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

    Vegard Krog Petersen, May 1, 2005

  3. JoeA

    Guest

    AnmanieSMP v2.4i

    A tool for interactive distorting of bit-map pictures. Similar to
    Kai's power Goo. The program offers various "brushes" for providing
    distortion effects. (waxes, shrinking, rotating, pulling etc..)

    - support for up to two processors (only Windows NT/2000/XP)
    - working on pictures in originalgroesse
    - import/export of usual image file formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PPM,
    RGB)
    - production of animations and export of AVI video
    - support of TWAIN compatible scanners and cameras
    - print function

    Using Anmanie, pictures are putty in the hands of the processor. In a
    similar way to the well-known PowerGoo program, grotesque caricatures
    can be created and even stored as AVI videos. Caricature and
    distortion freeware that kneads images like dough.

    http://www.anmanie.de/

    The site seems to be down right now.

    , May 1, 2005
  4. JoeA

    ¿ Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 09:55:24 GMT, lid wrote:

    >AnmanieSMP v2.4i
    >
    >A tool for interactive distorting of bit-map pictures. Similar to
    >Kai's power Goo. The program offers various "brushes" for providing
    >distortion effects. (waxes, shrinking, rotating, pulling etc..)
    >
    >- support for up to two processors (only Windows NT/2000/XP)
    >- working on pictures in originalgroesse
    >- import/export of usual image file formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PPM,
    >RGB)
    >- production of animations and export of AVI video
    >- support of TWAIN compatible scanners and cameras
    >- print function
    >
    >Using Anmanie, pictures are putty in the hands of the processor. In a
    >similar way to the well-known PowerGoo program, grotesque caricatures
    >can be created and even stored as AVI videos. Caricature and
    >distortion freeware that kneads images like dough.
    >
    >http://www.anmanie.de/
    >
    >The site seems to be down right now.

    Try
    ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/graph/anm24i.zip
    or
    ftp://sac-ftp.gratex.sk/graph/anm24i.zip

    --
    ¿ <><

    ¿, May 1, 2005
  5. JoeA

    JoeA Guest

    lid wrote:
    > AnmanieSMP v2.4i
    >
    > A tool for interactive distorting of bit-map pictures. Similar to
    > Kai's power Goo. The program offers various "brushes" for providing
    > distortion effects. (waxes, shrinking, rotating, pulling etc..)
    >
    > - support for up to two processors (only Windows NT/2000/XP)
    > - working on pictures in originalgroesse
    > - import/export of usual image file formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PPM,
    > RGB)
    > - production of animations and export of AVI video
    > - support of TWAIN compatible scanners and cameras
    > - print function
    >
    > Using Anmanie, pictures are putty in the hands of the processor. In a
    > similar way to the well-known PowerGoo program, grotesque caricatures
    > can be created and even stored as AVI videos. Caricature and
    > distortion freeware that kneads images like dough.
    >
    > http://www.anmanie.de/
    >
    > The site seems to be down right now.

    Thanks Found a copy by googling anm24i.zip

    JoeA, May 1, 2005
  6. On that special day, , () said...

    > - working on pictures in originalgroesse

    Is this the original text? "Originalgroesse" is original size, plain
    and simple.

    Dunno why someone would want to edit a file in a different size.

    Gabriele Neukam

    just so, at no cost.

    Gabriele Neukam, May 1, 2005
  7. JoeA

    Helen Guest

    "Gabriele Neukam" <> wrote in message
    > On that special day, , () said...
    >
    > > - working on pictures in originalgroesse

    > Is this the original text? "Originalgroesse" is original size, plain
    > and simple.
    >
    > Dunno why someone would want to edit a file in a different size.
    >

    > Gabriele Neukam
    >

    > --
    > Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
    > just so, at no cost.

    Why would someone want to alter the size of a file or photo?
    I can think of a couple of reasons:
    1) they're using dial-up and large files, especially photos take too long to download;
    2) their ISP has a limit on the file size that is allowed to go through their server.

    In either case, in essence, large files are inaccessible or problematic to transfer.

    Helen, May 1, 2005
  8. JoeA

    Guest

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:27:54 +0200, Gabriele Neukam
    <> wrote:

    >On that special day, , () said...
    >
    >> - working on pictures in originalgroesse

    >Is this the original text? "Originalgroesse" is original size, plain
    >and simple.
    >
    >Dunno why someone would want to edit a file in a different size.

    My fault, I ran the text from the original German site through
    BabelFish and didn't check it.

    , May 1, 2005
  9. JoeA

    Mel Guest

    >On Sun, 1 May 2005 13:13:13 -0400, "Helen" <@abuse.roman.gov> wrote:

    >Why would someone want to alter the size of a file or photo?
    >I can think of a couple of reasons:
    >1) they're using dial-up and large files, especially photos take too long to download;
    >2) their ISP has a limit on the file size that is allowed to go through their server.
    >
    >In either case, in essence, large files are inaccessible or problematic to transfer.

    Digital photography is more popular than ever, but pictures straight out
    of your camera are often large files that take a long time to download
    via the Internet, particularly with a dial-up connection.

    Interactive JPEG Optimizer lets you trim the fat from your image files,
    and compare them side-by-side. In many cases reducing filesize with
    barely noticable reduction in quality. It allows you to work on batches
    of images, visually showing you the results of compression and allowing
    you to tweak brightness, color and contrast. It keeps you informed of
    how much you have shrunk the file size, and how long it would take to
    download on a standard modem.

    http://www.fullyregistered.com/

    Mel, May 1, 2005
  10. JoeA