Is it worth geting a LCD Monitor

Reaction score
I have been wondering for a long time if it is worth getting a LCD monitor.

At the moment i have a 17'' CRT screen and i was looking at a 17'' LCD screen from dabs.com. Here is the address if you want to look at it:

Go to dabs.com and type 2443CP in the Quicklink box

Also is it worth getting it on ebay.co.uk i have seen a 17'' LCD screen for £235. This is a good price but has anyone had any trouble using a auction site.

Thanks!!!!

Reaction score
My only suggestion is to not go and buy the cheapest LCD you can find, because you'll have ghosting problems and whatnot. Personally, I'd buy a flat-screen CRT over an LCD anyday. The quality is just much better in my eyes, and I've posted my opinion on this many times in the past.

Reaction score
What's the difference between a normal CRT and a Flat screen CRT

Any recomend models of a Flat-screen CRT

Reaction score
Originally posted by muckshifter

Sony ... or at least look for a 'Trinitron' tube. ;)

I'd actually recommend AGAINST Sony. They're overpriced without justification. Get an NEC FE955.

Difference between a flat crt and regular is that a flat reduces glare, has better colors (due to the aperture-grille technology), and is simply more sharp and pleasant to the eyes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can 2nd that - a flat screen is the way to go, IF you are getting a CRT monitor. It is just such a better viewing experience, and the quality is hugely improved.

It isn't worth going for a cheap LCD (generally), as you do get what you pay for.

What are you using your computer for mainly, as it will help decide if an LCD is best.

Reaction score
O.k Than you have convinced me to get Flat-screen CRT.

Next issue:- any good places to buy them on the internet and what sort of price am i looking for

I use my P.c mostly for games and the internet.

Thanks for all the information so far!!!
keep it coming.

I have just looked at a monitor see what you think it is a:-

17" Studioworks FLAT CRT Colour Monitor E700B

This is from dabs.com for £123. Is this a good monitor and is it a good price.

You can look at the full spec of the monitor at

http://www.lge.co.uk and follow the link to monitors.

when you get there you will find that is says 'end of life' but dabs.com have 15 in stock.
so don't worry.

Reaction score
Well if you use it for games, then you DEFINETLY don't want to go with an LCD, even though the technology has improved a bit, a ghosting problem is still noticable.

Ask a Question