Windows XP Is it safe to delete folders from temp Int files

Reaction score
I was trying to delete some folder under temporary Internet files. When I go to c:\documents and settings\users (me)\ local settings\temporary internet files\contents. IE5\0xyjyanl (0xyjyanl is one folder there are more than one) and try to delete these folders. It gives me following warning.

“The 0xyjyanl is an system folder. If you delete it windows or another program may no longer work correctly. Are you sure you want to …”

Is it ok or safe to delete these folders?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i personally never heard of that file, but then again why take the chance?
i suggest u use "disk cleanup" and let windows delete whats not needed :D

Reaction score
I know i have never heard of it either. i tried to look online for it and no luck. I finally ecided to delete it. it seems to be working fine. I deleted that folder because the user was not administrator. I thought if user is not admin i can still run all the program with my (admin) user id.
Thanks for the reply.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
IIRC its part internet explorers cache, Ccleaner does a good job of getting rid of that sort of crap. :)

Check this thread.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Use CCleaner ... and forget the rest. ;)

As a note, you should be able to delete anything from a "temp" folder without repercussions ... :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i have been using it for well over a year and never had to restore anything. I guess its different from pc to pc.

FWIW, Under the cleaner section i have everything ticked apart from all the advanced stuff, but i do run the hotfix uninstaller remover every now and again. Oh and some of the firefox stuff unticked because i wanna keep it.
Under issues i have the lot ticked.

You should never clean the prefech folder! That can have detrimental effects on the pc. I would guess thats what the people in that link did. ;)

It goes without saying that you should have everything backed up anyway, If you use the registry cleaner then back up the the stuff it removes then if you do have a prob you can just restore them.

If you do install it make sure you untick the Yahoo toolbar option during the install process. ;)

:)

Ask a Question