iPhone unlocking problems

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Apple has warned it's customers that people attempting to unlock the phone may find that the phone becomes permenantly inoperable:

"The company said that modified mobiles would become permanently inoperable once Apple updates were installed. It follows a flurry of hacks claiming to unlock the phone, which is tied into the US AT&T network and O2 in the UK.

Apple has denied that it is doing anything proactively to disable iPhones that have been hacked or unlocked. The warning will be seen as a pre-emptive strike by Apple in the ongoing battle with hackers who are increasingly making unlocking software available to iPhone users. "

Read the full story at the BBC.

Attachments

• iphone.jpg
    iphone.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 877
Reaction score
I'm not surprised that this is going to happen.
After all o2 will not want to loose their monopoly on the phones in the UK being only on their network & tariffs.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I can see their point, but to turn the phone into a flashy paperweight seems a little drastic!

Either way its well overpriced anyway. imo.

Reaction score
ROFLMAO have you seen the Google ad directly above it when you click on our link to come here from the home page

Reaction score
Apple has warned it's customers that people attempting to unlock the phone may find that the phone becomes permenantly inoperable

I unlocked my iPhone and everything is ok

Ask a Question