iPhone 5S

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hardware Heaven have taken a look at the latest release from Apple - the iPhone 5S:

"The 5S launch from Apple has been like no other, mainly due to the 5S's little brother the 5C also debuting as a direct attempt by Apple to take a slice of the 'budget' smartphone market and hopefully get a foothold in China. But despite two handsets being brought through development Apple have still managed to achieve a lot with the 5S, something which was essential for their high end device.

It's difficult to fault Apple's build quality and design, the 5S is understated and sleek. While the ethos of releasing a new design bi-annually works well on a commercial level, it does leave Apple playing catch up with the likes of Samsung and the other big mobile players. Will the 5S have iPhone 5 users flocking to trade in their handsets? No, and rightly so. The under the bonnet upgrades tick all the right boxes but there isn't enough of a leap to consider upgrading from the 5. Where this handset does have a potential and vast market, are the millions of users on pre-iPhone 4 devices, as well as the 4 and 4S users..."

apple-iphone-5s.jpg

Read their full review here.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
How is the iSight camera going to stack up against Nokia's 41 mega pixel camera ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Very nice :) But no way am I paying a monkey for a telephone.

Currently have an iPhone 4, got it off me mate cheap, and all I ever use it for is phone calls, texting and telling the time. That's it.

I want to escape online when I'm away from home, I have a coupla iPods to listen to music and look at videos and films, a decent compact camera to take pix and movies and several computers for gaming, online stuff and quite a few other things.

imo the whole phone thing is out of hand, financed mostly by fashion victims

And if one more person walks straight into me whilst walking and looking down at their phone I swear I'll chin 'em

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
It would seem the fingerprint sensor on the 5S has successfully been hacked after a few days.

LINKY

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh dear, I seem to have been in Mr Grumpy mode when I posted in the early hours of the morning.

Still, I meant what I said ;)

But.... if spending huge wads of cash - probably hard earned - on a telephone gives you pleasure then who am I to criticise? :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Could we please add a "Like" button to your first post Mr Flopp's! :D

Ask a Question