ipconfig/flushdns

Reaction score
Hi,
I changed the host file in the Driver/etc and then I entered ipconfig/flushdns in CMD and then I restarted. After that everytime I visit any website; there I see adverts and those adverts are not by those websites. For example Every time I go on Facebook there I can see adverts which are not by the facebooks and same on the other sides. :/

Please help me!...I am using adverts blocker and avg and other similar softwares...this has made my Laptop really really slow....

Thanks

Hanan

Reaction score
First up, why did you change the host file?

What 'Advert blocker' are you using?

What are the 'other similar software'

Have you done a malware scan? If not get Malwarebytes from here - https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/essential-pc-software-updated-10th-february-2012-a-t2697599.html

I am using Adblock Plus and I have installed AVG...but it not working...I have even switched off the power, unpluged the router and then pluged it in and swithced on the power...thinking that It might change the ip....

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Try doing a hard reset on the router to see if that makes a difference.

Also follow the link and download Windows Defender Offline and run it to rule out any nasties. The instructions are on the site.
And in my opinion find a better anti-virus :D

As V_R asked, what was the reason for changing the host file ? And did you think to make a back up of it before you changed it ?

Reaction score
Try doing a hard reset on the router to see if that makes a difference.

Also follow the link and download Windows Defender Offline and run it to rule out any nasties. The instructions are on the site.
And in my opinion find a better anti-virus :D

As V_R asked, what was the reason for changing the host file ? And did you think to make a back up of it before you changed it ?

I was just messing up...but I changed it back....

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I was just messing up...but I changed it back....

As the old saying goes. " If it aint broke, don't fix it "

You can try using Fix It to reset the host file. As for the adverts you are talking about, Iam a bit stumped on thatone.

Reaction score
As the old saying goes. " If it aint broke, don't fix it "

You can try using Fix It to reset the host file. As for the adverts you are talking about, Iam a bit stumped on thatone.

On every website I go...there are adverts coming which are not by those websites...like on my own website...which is ads free...there I can see the adverts...which are not supposed to be over there...I don't why am I getting those...!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you all malwared/virused up old son.

Tell me, did you run Malwarebytes & Windows Defender Offline as advised?

Not really worth commenting until you done those things.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you all malwared/virused up old son.

Tell me, did you run Malwarebytes & Windows Defender Offline as advised?

Not really worth commenting until you done those things.

+1

Reaction score

Attachments

• Ads1.png
    Ads1.png
    168 KB · Views: 341
  • Ads2.png
    Ads2.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 350

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Did the Addblock Plus you have by any chance say BETA next to it ?? I have just installed it and still see adverts. I'd say get shot of it and see what happens :)

Also what scans have you run. More details = more help we can give you :)

Reaction score
Did the Addblock Plus you have by any chance say BETA next to it ?? I have just installed it and still see adverts. I'd say get shot of it and see what happens :)

Also what scans have you run. More details = more help we can give you :)

Do you mean computer scans???

If Yes, then I have made a scan on AVG, Malwarebytes and Norton; no virus is found...:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
When i was using Chrome there was two Adblockers, the very popular one and the other one that said it was a beta, the beta one was better imo, but you need to make sure you sub to the right lists. ;)

I dont use Chrome any more so cant tell you any more than that.

Reaction score
When i was using Chrome there was two Adblockers, the very popular one and the other one that said it was a beta, the beta one was better imo, but you need to make sure you sub to the right lists. ;)

I dont use Chrome any more so cant tell you any more than that.

Can you (undo) a command...in CMD...

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
What command did you type in CMD ??

a scan on AVG, and Norton

I hope you haven't got both AVG and Norton installed on your computer. The two will conflict with each other.

Try using the Offline defender I linked to in a previous post. Its a brilliant tool and often pics up stuff that other AV's and scans don't

Failing that, do a HJT and head over to Bleepingcomputers.com

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Nope once you have run " ipconfig /flushdns " you can't undo the command.

DNSflush clears the DNS cache, which essentially stores the locations ( IP addresses ) of websites you have recently visited. Once its cleared its cleared.

Ask a Question