    Event ID: 1002
    Date: 7/13/2007
    Time: 8:08:37 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: AVS2
    The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network address
    0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent
    a DHCPNACK message).

    KC

    Guest, Jul 13, 2007

  2. "KCav" <> wrote in message
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Dhcp
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1002
    > Date: 7/13/2007
    > Time: 8:08:37 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: AVS2
    > The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network address
    > 0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server
    > sent
    > a DHCPNACK message).

    > KC

    This is more likely a problem with your router than with Windows, unless you
    have some sort of partial IP setup that's interfering. Set the card to
    straight DHCP with no other settings, then reboot. Otherwise, check the
    router from another working system.

    HTH
    -pk

    Patrick Keenan, Jul 13, 2007

    The Marker Guest

    Just follow that link for the answer :

    Explanation
    The DHCP Server service did not extend the lease on your computer's IP
    address, so your computer temporarily lost its connection with the network.

    This could be caused by a scope change. For example, when a roaming
    laptop moves from one network to another, its IP address lease might need
    renewal. When the DHCP Client service tries to renew the address, that
    request might go to a different server that will not extend the lease either
    because it does not know about this address lease or because it has already
    issued the address lease to another client.

    This also happens when two DHCP servers are configured to give out
    addresses in the same IP address range.

    User Action
    No user action is required. The DHCP Client service will continue
    trying to obtain a working IP address until it succeeds, and DHCP
    establishes the network connection on its own.

    The Marker, Jul 13, 2007

    C J. Guest

    Thats a common error message for me as well.

    A quick search of the Event ID and source: Dhcp produces following
    explanation:

    "This behavior can occur because the DHCP server service is not bound to a
    statically-configured Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
    (TCP/IP) adapter, which is usually the internal adapter. "

    Whatever that means... Right?.

    My adapter is built in to my motherboard - which is what I suspect is what
    is meant by internal adapter. It Not bound to a Statically configured
    TCP/IP - which means that because my PC is stand alone Workstation and is
    not part of a domain, or more directly a domain controller,(server) and the
    IP address is a dynamic and a not Static * address ( my IP address is
    changed (or dhcp assigned) periodically by my ISP,) so the DCHP service was
    unable to renew the adapters old address , so it sent a \dchpnack signal to
    flush out the old address and replace it with the new IP address ISP is
    assigning.

    * A static IP is usually a permanent fixed IP address for your PC that would
    be provided by your ISP. Unless your running as a server, it shouldnt
    affect your connectivity to the internet. It doesn't on mine.

    C J., Jul 13, 2007

    Sory, I don't understand ,"set the card to straight DHCP"
    --
    KC

    Guest, Jul 14, 2007

    NotMe Guest

    It also happens when the total number of assigned DHCP addresses has been
    assigned.
    If the router/DHCP server is set to only give 4, number 5 will be denied.

    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

    Change Alpha to Numeric to reply

    NotMe, Jul 14, 2007

    C J. Guest

    Is there a setting that can be changed? I openned services earlier and my
    DHCP service was "Started" and set to Automatic.

    C J., Jul 14, 2007
  8. "KCav" <> wrote in message
    > Sory, I don't understand ,"set the card to straight DHCP"
    > --
    > KC

    In the TCP/IP properties for the card, on the General tab, choose Obtain an
    IP address automatically, and Obtain DNS server automatically.

    This tells Windows to ask for this information from the router - this is
    DHCP.

    HTH
    -pk

    Patrick Keenan, Jul 15, 2007