Invite a shared calendar from my shared calendar

Reaction score
In Outlook 2007 ... does anyone know if (how) I can send a meeting invite to someone's shared calendar (that has permissions set to allow me Editor privileges) FROM my own shared calendar?

Thanks for helping out!
Deb

Reaction score
That all depends on what you mean when you say Shared Calendar. In outlook, when you send a meeting request or receive a meeting request, it always goes on the default calendar of the recipient's email address. So if you're talking about a custom calendar that you have, then no. But if you're just talking about a calendar that you have access to that is someone else's default, then it might be possible. If you could give a little more info, we might be able to help you out.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I need the invite to show up in someone's custom calendar that has been shared with me. That person needs to keep two separate calendars for two different functions they perform at work. I'm pretty sure the only way around it is for the person to have a separate email account.

Reaction score
I would, at least with the knowledge I have, agree. But keep checking back here, someone might poke in with an ingenious answer.

Ask a Question