    some sort of dedicated tuner....that works :)and that doesnt take huge
    amounts or resources to open/run
    me

    bassbag, Dec 13, 2003

  2. In news:,
    bassbag posted:
    > anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
    > the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
    > found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored
    > after 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed
    > but would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works :)and
    > that doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
    > me

    Luv the search capabilities of Windows Media Player 9 Series
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

    DanlK, FYI Services
    www.FYIS.org
    Visit our www.FYIS.org/estore

    FYIS.org/estore, Dec 13, 2003

  3. bassbag wrote:

    > anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried the
    > one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but found
    > that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after 10 mins
    > of trying to find one.

    Maybe you can try one of these:

    http://osswin.sourceforge.net/#mediaplaya

    Regards,
    Bart

    --
    Bart Vandewoestyne Bart.Vandewoestyne_at_pandora.be
    Naamsesteenweg 328 bus 201 GSM: +32 (0)478 397 697

    Bart Vandewoestyne, Dec 13, 2003
  4. bassbag

    vanrinsg Guest

    That's the one I'm using http://www.technicland.com/radioweb.php3
    Nice tool but limited to Belgium, France, Switzerland, Canada

    vanrinsg, Dec 14, 2003
  5. bassbag

    John Corliss Guest

    FYIS.org/estore wrote:

    > In news:,
    > bassbag posted:
    >
    >>anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
    >>the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
    >>found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored
    >>after 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed
    >>but would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works :)and
    >>that doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
    >>me

    > Luv the search capabilities of Windows Media Player 9 Series
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp
    >
    > DanlK, FYI Services
    > www.FYIS.org
    > Visit our www.FYIS.org/estore

    AFAIK, WMP9 forces DRM on you.

    --
    Regards from John Corliss

    John Corliss, Dec 14, 2003
  6. bassbag <> wrote in

    > anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
    > the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
    > found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after
    > 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed but
    > would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works :)and that
    > doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
    > me

    http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/

    Ad-free Internet Radio.
    Over 1250 pre tuned internet radio stations from all across the world in
    one small program. Stream info such as artist and name of song and
    quality of stream. Direct linking to amazon.com's database for more info
    about the artist/song. Direct linking to the radio stations webpage.
    Add/remove your favourite web radio stations to your own personal
    favorite list. Automatic database updating to prevent dead links. (just
    click the about screen) Skin support, customize the look of the player
    the way you like. No browser required.
    And the best part ? It's all 100% FREE*.

    Global Warming, Dec 14, 2003
  7. bassbag

    Elephant Guest

    Global Warming wrote:

    > http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
    >
    > Ad-free Internet Radio.
    > Over 1250 pre tuned internet radio stations from all across the world in
    > one small program. Stream info such as artist and name of song and
    > quality of stream. Direct linking to amazon.com's database for more info
    > about the artist/song. Direct linking to the radio stations webpage.
    > Add/remove your favourite web radio stations to your own personal
    > favorite list. Automatic database updating to prevent dead links. (just
    > click the about screen) Skin support, customize the look of the player
    > the way you like. No browser required.
    > And the best part ? It's all 100% FREE*.

    That's what I'm using. Such a small program, yet has great sound and
    lots and lots of stations to choose from. Also found that doing a
    little copy and pasting, you can enter almost any station from
    "LIVE365.com" and enjoy their stations without having to use 365's
    player and have to put up with all their pop ups and nag ads.
    Highly recommend it.

    Elephant, Dec 14, 2003
  8. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    In article <Xns94515A7FB8CFriverwatchmyrealboxc@130.133.1.4>,
    says...
    > bassbag <> wrote in
    >
    > > anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
    > > the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
    > > found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after
    > > 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed but
    > > would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works :)and that
    > > doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
    > > me

    > http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
    >
    > Ad-free Internet Radio.
    > Over 1250 pre tuned internet radio stations from all across the world in
    > one small program. Stream info such as artist and name of song and
    > quality of stream. Direct linking to amazon.com's database for more info
    > about the artist/song. Direct linking to the radio stations webpage.
    > Add/remove your favourite web radio stations to your own personal
    > favorite list. Automatic database updating to prevent dead links. (just
    > click the about screen) Skin support, customize the look of the player
    > the way you like. No browser required.
    > And the best part ? It's all 100% FREE*.

    Thanks to everyone for suggestions ,but this seems to be the best
    one.Works fine ,not very big and no nag screens (donationware).Thanks for
    link global warming
    me

    bassbag, Dec 14, 2003
  9. bassbag

    Poke Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:39:16 +0100, vanrinsg wrote:

    > That's the one I'm using http://www.technicland.com/radioweb.php3
    > Nice tool but limited to Belgium, France, Switzerland, Canada

    Is there an English version ?
    TIA
    --
    Poke

    Poke, Dec 15, 2003
  10. bassbag

    Poke Guest

    On 14 Dec 2003 13:53:24 GMT, Global Warming wrote:

    > http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
    >
    > Ad-free Internet Radio.

    This program requires RealOne Player to be installed.

    How do you get around all the spyware RealOne brings with it ?

    Or am I behind the times and RealOne is now well-behaved ?

    --
    Poke

    Poke, Dec 15, 2003
  11. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On 14 Dec 2003 13:53:24 GMT, Global Warming wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
    > >
    > > Ad-free Internet Radio.

    > This program requires RealOne Player to be installed.
    >
    > How do you get around all the spyware RealOne brings with it ?
    >
    > Or am I behind the times and RealOne is now well-behaved ?

    I use realplayer 8 basic for viewing news etc , and viddiplayer
    works,with that version fine.There are preferences in realplayer
    (including realone bloatware) to not send any info.Also you can block
    with a firewall if you wish.You are not behind the times with realone ,
    its a huge pice of bloatware that slows older systems down no end , a
    reason that im still using version 8
    me

    bassbag, Dec 15, 2003
  12. bassbag

    Harold Guest

    bassbag <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried the
    > one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but found
    > that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after 10 mins
    > of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed but would prefer
    > some sort of dedicated tuner....that works :)and that doesnt take huge
    > amounts or resources to open/run
    > me

    You already have a fine audio player (Winamp), which has a list of
    Internet radio stations. In addition, if you install the mp3PRO
    plugin (available for free at http://www.mp3prozone.com/ ) you'll be
    able to tune into the growing number of mp3PRO Internet radio
    stations. mp3PRO has better sound than MP3 at lower bitrates.

    Harold J. Johnson
    VoyagerRadio
    Transmitting Downtempo Electronica to Earth
    http://www.VoyagerRadio.com

    Harold, Dec 15, 2003
  13. bassbag

    Harold Guest

    Elephant <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Also found that doing a little copy and pasting, you can enter almost any station from
    > "LIVE365.com" and enjoy their stations without having to use 365's
    > player and have to put up with all their pop ups and nag ads.
    > Highly recommend it.

    Live365 is without a doubt the best directory of Internet radio
    stations out there. Forget about all those commercial Internet radio
    stations that imitate the Clear Channel and Infinity Radio broadcasts
    we're all so overwhelmingly familiar with--Live365 offers a huge and
    diverse selection of webcasts for all tastes--and mp3PRO webcasts,
    too.

    Harold, Dec 15, 2003
  14. Poke wrote in news:1x59ar18lnvcs.1qgjtc9399h3o.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    Global Warming, Dec 16, 2003
  15. bassbag

    Harold Guest

    bassbag <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > On 14 Dec 2003 13:53:24 GMT, Global Warming wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
    > > >
    > > > Ad-free Internet Radio.

    > > This program requires RealOne Player to be installed.
    > >
    > > How do you get around all the spyware RealOne brings with it ?
    > >
    > > Or am I behind the times and RealOne is now well-behaved ?
    > >

    > I use realplayer 8 basic for viewing news etc , and viddiplayer
    > works,with that version fine.There are preferences in realplayer
    > (including realone bloatware) to not send any info.Also you can block
    > with a firewall if you wish.You are not behind the times with realone ,
    > its a huge pice of bloatware that slows older systems down no end , a
    > reason that im still using version 8
    > me

    Apple's iTunes is usually referred to as an audio player or a music
    store these days, but iTunes has always had a very good tuner. Kurt
    Hanson (of the Radio and Internet Newsletter) posted an informative
    review of iTunes of his website last Friday:

    http://www.kurthanson.com/archive/news/121203/index.asp

    Harold, Dec 16, 2003
  16. bassbag

    Chris Dubea Guest