Windows 7 Internet Pages Not Displaying

Reaction score
Hi,

For the past few weeks now I have been having problems with internet pages not displaying sometimes, this is on my Windows 7 RC pc. This happens in both IE and Firefox. I have ran all the normal viruses and spyware scans none of them picked anything up. I have changed my AV programme from Kaspersky to Avast to see if that was the problem but that did not work either. I have tried different wireless cards in this pc and it’s still the same.

I am now about to load a HJT log up at Bleeping Computers.

Other computers on this network don’t have this problem.

Any ideas would be grateful.

Thanks,

Wiz

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TCPIP Properties ok?

Can other programs access the net?

Reaction score
Hi V_R

Thanks for your reply

I have checked the TCPIP Properties and they look ok. Other programmes can access the net like Kaspersky and BONIC without any problems. It’s just when I am on the internet it will say this page cannot be displayed, there is no specific web site that it will happen on it just happens at random.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Is this a wireless pc then from what you said in the first post? (missed it the first time)

Sounds like it could be an intermittent problem with your connection.

Reaction score
Hi Wiz
I was getting the same thing a few weeks ago, round about the same time I was having trouble accessing PCReview. I reset everything in IE and FF to default and did a hard reset on my router and haven't had a problem since. I have a rule of thumb that whenever anything like this happens always to do a hard reset on my router. 9 times out of 10 the problem is solved..:thumb:

Reaction score
V_R said:
Is this a wireless pc then from what you said in the first post? (missed it the first time)

Sounds like it could be an intermittent problem with your connection.[/QUOTE

Yeah it’s the Wireless one. The signal strength is 90% I have just opened google in Firefox and typed in pc review and every site that it brought up would not load then I went back into it again and it worked. Does this sound like a software issue?

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Hi Wiz
I was getting the same thing a few weeks ago, round about the same time I was having trouble accessing PCReview. I reset everything in IE and FF to default and did a hard reset on my router and haven't had a problem since. I have a rule of thumb that whenever anything like this happens always to do a hard reset on my router. 9 times out of 10 the problem is solved..:thumb:

Hi Madx,

Thanks for your reply.

I've reset IE to defaults this did not fix it though. I have not restored Firefox to defaults yet. I have reinstalled it but this did not make any difference. Do you think that maybe my profile has become corrupted in firefox? I have done a hard reset on the router as well. It seems its only this pc that I have issues on I have another PC hard wired that has no issues.

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Do you think that maybe my profile has become corrupted in firefox?

Could be..If you have reinstalled FF its always best to create a new profile. Here is a link on how to do it. Although i'm sure you probably know how anyway..
Mine was quite frustrating, it was happening so randomly. 'puter near went out the window a few times....:p
Anyway try a new profile for FF and see what happens..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Could be..If you have reinstalled FF its always best to create a new profile. Here is a link on how to do it. Although i'm sure you probably know how anyway..
Mine was quite frustrating, it was happening so randomly. 'puter near went out the window a few times....:p
Anyway try a new profile for FF and see what happens..

Hi Madx

Thanks for your reply.

I have created a new profile in Firefox and unfortunately its still the same.

I have turned off the windows firewall and it still does it. It seems that IE does not do it as much as Firefox almost on every serach in Firefox it will do it.

I also downloaded Google Chrome the other day as well and tried that out that also displayed page cannot be displayed. I hate computers sometimes lol.

Reaction score
Ok very strange...

V_R said:
Is this a wireless pc .[/QUOTE]

Wizkid said:
Yeah it’s the Wireless one. The signal strength is 90% I have just opened google in Firefox and typed in pc review and every site that it brought up would not load then I went back into it again and it worked. Does this sound like a software issue?

Have you tried using ethernet cable instead of wireless and see if you still have the same problem..? Give that a go if you haven't already and see if that makes any difference..

Reaction score
Hi Madx,

I havent tried using an ethernet cable on this pc yet. I will try this and feedback on how it goes.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
V_R said:
Sounds like it could be an intermittent problem with your connection.
Still looks likely, Connection stats are?

Ask a Question