    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

    It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.

    I would appreciate your help.

    neil154, Jul 8, 2009

  2. Usual fix is to type the following at Start, Run:
    regsvr32 ole32.dll

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
    http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Jul 19, 2009

  3. neil154

    59Stew Guest

    59Stew, Aug 28, 2009
  4. Thanks for letting us know.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Aug 31, 2009
  5. neil154

    ADE Guest

    Hi Diane,

    We are also getting this problem intermittently within a Terminal Server
    environment and although we find that re-registering regsvr32 ole32.dll fixes
    the problem temporarily, the dll appears to requires re-registering on the
    various servers on a regular basis.

    users experiencing this problem also find that they may get the error when
    attempting to print from Outlook, but then a subsequent attempt to print the
    same email seconds later results in a successful print.

    Any ideas as to why this could be?

    Many Thanks for your help

    Ade

    ADE, Oct 21, 2009
  6. neil154

    Paul Guest

    I am also experiencing this problem and have discovered that the registering
    of the regsvr32 ole.dll does work but after a couple of days I am having to
    re-register it again and this is annnoying. Help anybody got any other
    suggestions?

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 10, 2009
  7. neil154

    Fred Guest

    I'm getting this error message when printing a message in Outlook using the
    small printer icon. The problem comes only by printing messages requesting a
    delivery receipt from the sender and without having open the mail before.

    So these are the situations:
    print mail without opening the message, without delivery receipt: OK
    print mail without opening the message, with delivery receipt: KO
    print mail with opening the message, without delivery receipt: OK
    print mail with opening the message, with delivery receipt: OK

    the context is a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with IE8. The problem is there
    since the IE7 to IE8 Upgrade.

    I've tried the "regsvr32 ole32.dll" without success and didn't find actually
    any workaround other than requesting the clients to open the mail before
    printing.

    Fred, Nov 27, 2009
  8. neil154

    Skor

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm a newbie to this forum and am having a similar problem with a couple unique twists. I am able to print from Outlook (2003 with on an XP machine) BUT my wife cannot. She is getting an Intenet Exporer Script Error when she tries to print. The other strange behavior is that the error popup does not show a line, char, error, code or url. All the fields are blank. If you answer either Yes or No to the question, nothing happens you need to close outlook to get rid of the popup.

    I tried one of the regsvr32 suggestions posted here, but it did not solve the problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

    Skor, Dec 13, 2009
  9. neil154

    Skor Guest

    Skor, Dec 13, 2009
  10. neil154

    johnjneumann Guest

    Re: Internet Explorer Script "Error: 54"

    The issue is actually Internet Explorer, not Outlook.

    I've found that this condition only happens in Outlook when opening HTML
    formatted emails. I've never had it happen with plain text nor rich text
    emails.
    Oddly, even with HTML emails, I can forward or reply and pint that
    in-process forward/reply window without issue.
    The "error: 54" concurrently happens in IE8 when trying to print a
    fully-loaded webpage (ex. google.com).

    Chances are that you upgraded to IE8 (Internet Explorer 8) and did not go
    through the initial configuration process when launching IE8 for the first
    time.
    Launch IE8, go through the initial config, restart IE8 and Outlook and see
    if you message goes away.

    If the "error: 54" remains:
    1. If you want, I'd first suggest you Reboot the system (yes, I know a
    reboot alone will not fix this)
    2. Login as ADMINISTRATOR. Note: even if your PC user is in the PC's group
    of administrators, it wasn't enough for me to do the following as that PC
    user.
    3. When in as ADMINISTRATOR, start IE8.
    3a. IF you have previously congifured IE8 under the administrator ID, then
    reset its settings with: TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > [tab ADVANCED] [RESTORE
    ADVANCED SETTINGS] ..and.. [ [RESET]>[RESET] (wait while it does its
    work)[CLOSE] >[OK] ] ..and.. [APPLY] ..then.. [OK] then close and restart
    IE8.
    3b. Answer all the IE8 initial configuration settings again.
    4. Logoff and logon as the user again.
    5. When in as the user, launch IE8. I've consistantly had to do the
    configuration of IE8 all over again for the user, even though I did it before
    logging in as administrator. So, answer the IE8 initial config screens again.
    6. Launch Outlook. All works fine for me from then on (as does printing
    from web pages like google.com)
    7. Done.

    johnjneumann, Jan 27, 2010