Internet Explorer No Longer Works

G

My Internet Explorer just stopped working. Whenever I execute it I get “Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close†followed by the error reporting messages. Some of the details on that report are “Error Signature in iexplore.exe and ntdll.dllâ€. I tried to reinstall them but that does not helpand the problem remains. All network and NIC troubleshoot without problems. I got so frustrated that I attempted to reinstall the entire operating system (XP Home) but that fails with the BLUE SCREEN telling me my disk has problem or I have a virus… DSKCHK says no problem and newly installed Norton AntiVirus say no problems. I can get Explorer to work only in SAFE MODE with NETWORKING. In fact thats the only way I could send this message. I don’t know where to go next

Bill

G

You can spend hours troubleshooting or spend 1-2 hours with a complete wipe and reinstal
Backup your dat
Download the latest driver
Boot from the Windows C
Delete all partitions, or select the current partition and choose Format NTFS (recommended) or FAT3
- Dont select Quick Format!!

This will give you a fresh install. Somtimes it is good to start from scratch
Another suggestion. After installing WinXP, create restore points before every driver and program install

Ask a Question