    avail.

    Can anyone tell me what this is? I have updated McAfee Security Center &
    also SpyBot. Nothing shows when I run them.

    Guest, Aug 5, 2006

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    Try searching for any spyware you may have on your system:

    CWShredder - http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    Will Denny, Aug 5, 2006

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    Try these programs as well to search for any spyware you may have on your

    Will Denny, Aug 5, 2006

    Are all of these "safe" programs to install? Is there any site I can check
    system from just "online" with a download?

    Guest, Aug 5, 2006

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    Yes, they are all 'safe' programs to download and install - I use them every
    day.

    Will Denny, Aug 5, 2006

    I found the culprit....it's from McAfee Site Advisor. This file that cause
    the popup is in Programs/SiteAdvisor/Downloads/sasetup. Can this file be
    deleted safely or would it cause the SiteAdvisor not to run?

    Elsie

    Guest, Aug 5, 2006

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    I'm sorry, but I don't use McAfee so can't give you a definitive answer.

    Will Denny, Aug 5, 2006

    Iceman Guest

    On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:22:44 +0100, Will Denny wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > Yes, they are all 'safe' programs to download and install - I use them every
    > day.

    Maybe a question mark should be placed with CWShredder. I heard it hasn't
    been updated since last November.

    Iceman, Aug 5, 2006