Internet Explorer Address bar no longer operative

Cannot access any websites when using the Internet Explorer address bar.

Also cannot use File - Open command in any Microsoft application have to
access files/folders through 'My Computer'.

Have run 'Norton Anti Virus' - no virus is detected. Have run Ad Aware
Spyware - no spyware detected.

Any help would be most welcome.

Thank you

PF

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi PF,

See if this helps.

Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
update MS06-015:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

[Automate] Download this zip file & extract & run the reg file.
http://patch-info.de/WinXP/Downloads/KB908531_Share-To-Web.zip

From: Stephen Hui [MSFT]
Date: Fri, Apr 14 2006 7:08 am
Groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...inetexplorer.ie6.browser/msg/094143b42d0c3ca2

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com