Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for the internet. need your hel

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by NotMe, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. NotMe

    NotMe Guest

    that IP is your own machine, usually some program directs it there...have
    you checked your IE settings, homepage, etc?
    Check for a hijacker, or firewall settings.

    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

    NotMe, Sep 29, 2005

  2. NotMe

    NotMe Guest

    I don't know what software you have installed, but something has told IE to
    use the 127.0.0.1 for internet access.
    Do you have internet security software running?
    Do you have ICS enabled?
    Do you use a proxy server?
    If your LAN settings were incorrect, Firefox wouldn't work.

    OxY-GeN, Sep 29, 2005
  4. NotMe

    OxY-GeN Guest

    OxY-GeN, Sep 29, 2005
  5. NotMe

    witan Guest

    Re: Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for the internet. need your help...

    The antispyware program, SpybotSD, is one that blocks access to *bad*
    sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1. There could be other The
    information is contained in a file named "hosts". If you can find the
    file "hosts", just delete it. If you have SpybotSD installed, you can
    use it to re-create "hosts". In any case, "hosts" is not an essential
    file and your computer will work quite fine without it, and IE will get
    the information from DNS servers.
    Having said all this, I must add that I searched for the "hosts" file
    on my computer (using the Windows-XP "search") but couldn't find it --
    although I have SpybotSD installed and have used its "immunize" utility
    for blocking "bad products".
    Better luck to you.

    witan, Sep 29, 2005
  6. NotMe

    OxY-GeN Guest

    I don't have internet security software at all.
    I don't use proxy at all.

    And I don't know what is ICS?

    I only use Outpost firewall and Symantec Antivirus Corp. 10.0.1.1000.

    OxY-GeN, Sep 29, 2005
  7. NotMe

    OxY-GeN Guest

    Re: Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for the internet. need your help...

    My Hosts file is perfect.
    Even Trying to delete it and uninstalling spybot didn't work.
    I still have the blocking problem....

    OxY-GeN, Sep 29, 2005
  8. NotMe

    OxY-GeN Guest

    Re: Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for the internet. need your help...

    Any Other Ideas??

    OxY-GeN, Sep 30, 2005
  9. NotMe

    witan Guest

    Re: Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for the internet. need your help...

    One last idea: Right-click on the desktop IE icon and go to properties

    [OR Start Internet explorer and go to
    tools > internet options > ]

    security > restricted sites > sites [button without icon, "s" is
    underscored] and see whether any of the sites you are trying to access
    are blocked.

    witan, Oct 1, 2005
  10. NotMe

    OxY-GeN Guest

    Re: Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for the internet. need your help...

    thanks!
    but none of the sites the i'm trying to access listed there.

    OxY-GeN, Oct 1, 2005