Internet Connection problem on high speed internet

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, Oct 29, 2004.

    Hi,

    There is a problem that I face quite often on Internet Connection through
    DSL or Cable modem on Windows XP home edition. It doesn't connect to the
    internet.

    I do get a proper ipaddress with default gateway wherein ping to default
    gateway is successful and also ping to ipaddress of any non firewalled
    website (like yahoo.com) is successful, however while pinging directly to the
    website results in "could not find host".
    It seems a DNS problem. I have tried system restore, power cycled the modem
    and the system, reinstalled the NIC drivers, even deleted winsock keys from
    registry and reinstalled the TCP/IP suite, But nothing helps. Ultimately I
    have to reinstall Windows XP altogether and that works so this is not an ISP
    problem. Also let me mention that I have even tried creating a new user
    profile but to no avail.

    Please let me know if there is a solution to this or any patch available.

    Thank you,
    Sonit

    Guest, Oct 29, 2004

    Alan C Guest