    Internal error 2381, and then the installation is cancelled. Does anybody
    know how to fix this problem?

    Fernando Álvarez-González

    Fernando Álvarez-González, Jan 29, 2004

  2. --------------------
    From: "Fernando Álvarez-González" <>
    Subject: Internal error 2381
    Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:24:12 -0500
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.msi

    I am trying to install a new application on a machine with a Korean version
    of Windows 2000, SP4. I get the following error during the installation:

    --

    Fernando,

    Internal error 2381 normally indicates either the Administrator and/or System accounts do not have Full Control to the folder
    were we are trying to install the program. Check the permissions on the folder you are trying to install to and all of its parent
    folders.

    Bill Peele
    Microsoft Enterprise Support

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
    terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

    Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
    from which they originated.

    Bill Peele [MS], Feb 23, 2004