Intenet Connection Problems

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Internet Connection Problems

Hello to you all again,

I have had a problem tring to get online for a few days now, and was hoping someone here maybe able to help.

I have AOL 1mb d/l (I know that you guys aint fans of aol but when i got it i didnt know the whole story) With the standard USB Voyager 100 modem.

The connection usually works faultlessly, (I use the Dialler not the bloated software) Nothing has changed or been updated, but the modem cannot get a DSL signal It worked fine then when i got back from me hols it wouldnt connect.

Firstly i checked all the connections and swapped the filter for an unused one to see if it would make a difference, but no!

Now then i uninstalled all the modem drivers, checked i had all the newest drivers, no joy
Then i phoned AOL went throught the usual crap, repaired and reinstalled the "conectivity service" Still no joy.

Then i tried to restore to when it was working fine, still no joy, so undid the restore point.

AOL say there's a fault on the line, BT say's its fine. :( :confused:

Now the bit that make me wonder, on sunday night the light came on and i had a connection, it worked perfectly! Until i tried it the next day!!!

Someone i know also on aol said he had the same prob on the 1st day i had my probs, but theirs now works fine.

I can only think that its the phone line or maybe the modem? What do you think!?

If anyone got any ideas then please let me know! :)

I think i mentioned everything.

Cheers guys! :)

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh and if it helps i tried the modem in another USB port

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Does the lack of replys mean no one can help!?!? :(

At the moment i am waiting for the results of a line test, aparently!

This seems like a good time to think about a new ISP!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whichever ISP you use, you can be pretty sure that your actually getting your internet from BT Wholesale Broadband.

Unplug all the phones in your house, and all extension cables, and then try it?

Ask a Question