installing win xp sp2 stalls on cmprops.dll

Discussion in 'Windows XP New Users' started by Guest, Feb 3, 2006.

    I am having trouble while trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 to a
    freshly formatted hard disk drive. The installation prompts for the location
    for cmprops.dll or cmprops.dl_, and I have tried many different locations,
    including HDD C: ie C:\ C:\windows\ C:\windows\system32\ C:\i836\ and DVDRW
    D: ie D:\ D:\windows\ D:\windows\system32\ or the default location of D:\i836
    on the DVDRW drive. Why doesn't the installation know where to find the
    files? Does anyone know which directory to point the windows installation to?

    Stats of my computer
    Motherboard: ECS KN1 Extreme with bios 1.0c
    RAM: 2 x 512MB of PQI brand DDR3200
    Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 939pin
    HDD: Maxtor 6L300R0 IDE133 attached to Primary Master
    Optical: Plextor IDE PX-712 DVD-RW attached to Secondary Slave

    I did a Zero-write using maxblast software, because the hard drive was
    previously used in a different computer, then formatted the hard drive with
    the windows cd, then the installation ran and it got stuck at this point.

    Guest, Feb 3, 2006

    The best would be to contact Microsoft :
    http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide

    :)

    Panda_man
    --
    Prevention is always better than cure !
    Panda TruPrevent - the most intelligent technology to combat unknown malware

    Guest, Feb 3, 2006

    zuel Guest

    true.

    zuel, Feb 8, 2006

    ors.cseresnyes

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    re

    had exactly the same problem. This is a RAM error.
    I removed one of the two modules and everything worked.

    cheers

    ors.cseresnyes, Jan 27, 2010