Installation problem FP2003

• Thread starter Kenneth John Barclay
  • Start date
K

Kenneth John Barclay

I was recently help a friend install FP 2003 on their computer. The computer is a new E-machine with Windows XP Home. It had Office 97 installed. It also had Microsoft Works installed by E-Machines as part of the system.

My friend bought the Upgrade FP 2003. It installed fine. Recognized the Office and was activated.

The Works Suite quit working with the following error:

Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. to display the agreement, reinstall the application.

Works shows a Product ID of 03902-OEM-0000007-00000

Of course the application is part of the recovery CD which will reload the entire system from scratch.

I did do a system restore and did verify that the installation of the FP 2003 was definitely the cause. The choice I seem to have is load FrontPage and loose Works or throw FrontPage away.

Does anyone know if this is a problem because of using the Upgrade version of FP 2003???

Has anyone else seen this????

Ken

This message is constructed
entirely with recyclable bytes

Kenneth John Barclay

S

Stefan B Rusynko

I suspect the Works MS Word part is the problem
Try a custom install of FP and do not install the common MS Office features

or have the user upgrade Office 97 (w/ Word) to Office 2003
--

I was recently help a friend install FP 2003 on their computer. The computer is a new E-machine with Windows XP Home. It had Office
97 installed. It also had Microsoft Works installed by E-Machines as part of the system.

My friend bought the Upgrade FP 2003. It installed fine. Recognized the Office and was activated.

The Works Suite quit working with the following error:

Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. to display
the agreement, reinstall the application.

Works shows a Product ID of 03902-OEM-0000007-00000

Of course the application is part of the recovery CD which will reload the entire system from scratch.

I did do a system restore and did verify that the installation of the FP 2003 was definitely the cause. The choice I seem to have is
load FrontPage and loose Works or throw FrontPage away.

Does anyone know if this is a problem because of using the Upgrade version of FP 2003???

Has anyone else seen this????

Ken

This message is constructed
entirely with recyclable bytes

Kenneth John Barclay

Ask a Question