    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    magmike

    magmike, Jan 29, 2012

  2. magmike

    Bob Quintal Guest

    Re: Insert Date into Field2, the first Time Field1 is Populated with Data on Form

    magmike <> wrote in
    :

    > I have a field called FirstContact that I would like populated
    > with today's date, the first time I enter a value into the Status
    > field. However, I don't want that date to change ever again, no
    > matter what I do in the Status field.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help,
    >
    > magmike

    in the Status after updatre event, use VB to test if there is already a
    date in the FirstContact field, and if there is not, then write the
    date.

    --
    Bob Q.
    PA is y I've altered my address.

    Bob Quintal, Jan 29, 2012

  3. magmike

    magmike Guest

    On Jan 29, 8:42 am, Bob Quintal <> wrote:
    > magmike <> wrote innews:
    > :
    >
    > > I have a field called FirstContact that I would like populated
    > > with today's date, the first time I enter a value into the Status
    > > field. However, I don't want that date to change ever again, no
    > > matter what I do in the Status field.

    > > Any ideas?

    > > Thanks in advance for your help,

    > > magmike

    > in the Status after updatre event, use VB to test if there is already a
    > date in the FirstContact field, and if there is not, then write the
    > date.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Q.
    > PA is y I've altered my address.

    That was so super easy - no wonder I couldn't think of it myself!

    Thanks,
    magmike

    magmike, Jan 31, 2012