    In Word 2007 is it possible to add comments connected to text within a text
    box . It appears the "add comment" tool is disabled when I click text within
    a text box.

    Doc Dave, Sep 29, 2008

  2. Doc Dave

    Jay Freedman Guest

    Doc Dave wrote:
    > In Word 2007 is it possible to add comments connected to text within
    > a text box . It appears the "add comment" tool is disabled when I
    > click text within a text box.

    That's true -- comments aren't supported in a text box or in any text you
    insert into an AutoShape.

    If you're designing a template and you want to allow comments in a box,
    design it with frames instead of text boxes. You'll find an Insert Frame
    button in the Legacy Tools dropdown on the Developer ribbon, or you can add
    it to the Quick Access Toolbar through the Customize dialog. For text boxes
    that already exist, you can right-click the edge of the box, choose Format
    Text Box > Text Box and click the Convert to Frame button.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Sep 29, 2008

  3. Doc Dave

    Doc Dave Guest

    Thanks Jay. Changing to a frame will do the trick.

    Doc Dave, Sep 29, 2008