InputPanel Class Question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Dot NET Compact Framework' started by David McCallum, Jul 9, 2009.

  1. David McCallum, Jul 9, 2009

  2. David McCallum

    Peter Foot Guest

    Is your TabControl docked to the size of the form - in this way it will
    resize when the InputPanel is enabled and disabled. You can also manually
    handle the change using the EnabledChanged property of InputPanel control.

    Peter

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4240 (20090713) __________

    Peter Foot, Jul 14, 2009

  3. > Is your TabControl docked to the size of the form - in this way it will
    > resize when the InputPanel is enabled and disabled. You can also manually
    > handle the change using the EnabledChanged property of InputPanel control.

    Tried that, same effect, the text box is still hidden. Do you have some
    sample code showing how to do this?

    David

    David McCallum, Jul 18, 2009
  4. Hi,
    Try this way... add a panel to your form with the same dimensions as the
    working area of the form and put the textbox inside. At the right of the
    panel, add a vertical scroll bar, set it to invisible, set its height to the
    space above the SIP and set the min value to 0 and the maximum to the SIP
    height. Add an event handler to the scrollbar so when it changes, the panel
    Top property (y) is set to the scroll bar value * -1.

    Now in the EnabledChanged of the SIP, add code so the scrollbar is set to
    visible when the InputPanel is enabled, and hidden otherwise. When you set
    the scrollbar to visible, also set it's value to the SIP height, so that the
    panel top is moved up, and the textbox displayed, and when it is hidden, set
    the scrollbar value to 0 so the panel is moved to its original position.

    --

    Alberto Silva
    http://www.moving2u.pt - R&D Manager

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4257 (20090718) __________